CHOCOLATE

Options
2»

Replies

• Tizpan
    Tizpan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When you eat chocolate it needs to be 72% or higher and look on the label it can't say Dutch. That's the process they make it.
  • smoothandfast
    smoothandfast Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried eating cacao nibs (sometimes called cocoa nibs). I get them at Sprouts or Whole foods - they are really small, crunchy and I love to eat a tablespoon or two with with dried tart cherries. Ummmm. Organic cacao nibs are made from crushed cacao beans. They don't have sugar or any processed stuff in there. You can also put them in smoothies, on top of greek yogurt, make up some trail mix....give them a try!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I ate 500 calories of toblerone today but it was still within my calorie goal.
    It was so good!
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I am a SWISS and can not live without.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

So . . . what are you saying? That old poop is a substitute for chocolate? :laugh:
  • NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Smoothie using Blue Diamond Almond Milk in the chocolate version :)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I am a SWISS and can not live without.
    I am Greek and I can't live without it.
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am a chocolatier and .. well ... :p

cacao is not a junk food. Cacao is a whole food. Use it, enjoy it.

If you add stuff to it, some of that might be crap, but otherwise, cacao is a fruit that is actually extremely good for you.

Enjoy it. Like anything, too much of a good thing can be bad .. or better :D
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been eating apple slices with chocolate topping as a dessert- you can make a batch and store in the fridge for a good few days. Just don't forget to coat the apple slices with a little lemon juice.
  • dellk
    dellk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love the stuff.

Just work the calories from whatever you want into your daily goal and have it without worrying.

It's to damn nice to deny yourself.
  • MySweetPotato
    MySweetPotato Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    honestly i just put cocoa and honey mixed together in everything and anything.
  • 2sweet84
    2sweet84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hi there,
    Not sure if you're a fan of peanut butter or how healthy these are but i add mix cocoa powder, coconut oil & a little agave nectar, put in a silicone cup add a layer of peanut butter then another layer of the cocoa on the top & then freeze, they're yummy.
    Not sure if you're in the uk but holland and barratt also have chocolate bars using stevia or with no added sugar. i tend to go crazy for sugar once i start on the real stuff!
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If you crave chocolate, will eating something else do? If I craved chocolate and had a piec of carob instead, I would not be happy and probably end up eating something else in addition to that to satisfy.
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    at the start of my weight loss i swear i would have turned into a bar of chocolate i ate that much of it. i did something last month which helped me immensely. i did myself a 30day no chocolate challenge so i was only aloud chocolate on the last day of the month, but id be aloud whatever i wanted and however much i wanted. i lasted a whole 27 days chocolate free until i gave in on day 28. i ate over 3/4 of a betty crockers devils food cake with the frosting but i over did it and felt terribly sick.

i think this month on 31st of august i'll limit myself to a homemade chocolate melt in the middle pud (husbands recipe) which is absolutely delicious.

currently day 4 with no chocolate. :) dont feel the need at all.

started having onken vanilla yoghurt or maybe some baby rusks hmmmmmmmmmmmmm RUSKS :)''' *dribble*
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    just eat it
    exercise
    stay under calories

Yep.

I'd much rather have the real thing I'm craving and work it into my day than settle for some wannabe replacement that's just not going to hit the spot.
  • EGSanz225
    Options
    After exercising (I suggest doing both strength training and cardio) you can drink chocolate milk. Apparently it's good for muscle. Even if you're not trying to build muscle, you still need to in order to lose weight. I think that's a win-win personally
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    321 cake using dark choco cake mix and angel cake mix with a teaspoon of dark or semi sweet choco chips added before cooking in microwave. You get a yummy cake with pockets of yummy melted chocolate. Add some fat free cool whip. Depending on the whip and chips you are looking at around 140/150 cals for a good size cake, and you do not have other pieces tempting you after.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    MMMMmmmmm this thread makes me want a Hershey's with almonds.

but it's npt in my calories for the day....

but I can burn 210 calories running...

*goes to get Hershey's*

And that's how it works.