Stuck in a funk

Options
I have been seriously using MFP since January 2 of this year, and was very good at logging in all my foods each and every day. At the end of May, I went on vacation, got back, worked out heavily for a week, and caught the flu which took 3 weeks to get over. Since I left for my trip, I have been stuck at around 153 lbs. I had gotten to 151, but keep on gaining and losing the same few pounds. My goal weight is 140, and my ultimate goal is to get down to 135. My problem has been that I eat very healthy during the day, and at around 4 or 5 I end up binging on whatever junk food there is in the house. My question for my fellow MFPers is this: how do I get out of this funk, and get back on track to hitting my goal weight? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Replies

• Madele1ne
    Madele1ne Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough for breakfast and lunch? Or are you starving by 4pm?
    I found that setting my calorie goal a bit higher really helped me to cut back on bingeing, also making sure that I still eat yummy things that I enjoy, instead of trying to live off things that taste like cardboard (I'm looking at you, cruskits and zucchini sticks!)

The other thing I have found helps (although it's a hotly debated topic) is cutting back on sugary things, in my experience eating sugar makes my tendency to binge worse. You could try cutting back and eating more protein in general.