How do you do your chicken?

Options
124»

Replies

• IECdispatcher
    IECdispatcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use olive oil and McCormick's garlic and herb seasoning. It's yummy!!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    We all have grown very acquainted with the whole grilled chicken and steamed vegetables dinner plate..but it can get boring. I'm always interested in ways to infuse delicious flavor into my grilled chicken! Any suggestions? I marinated my chicken in lime, garlic and pepper for dinner tonight and loved how it tured out..so there's that.

Crock pot! I like lemon pepper seasoning or a mustard & season all rub... add in some red potatoes and carrots or green beans, etc...
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Pound out 3 oz chicken breast until it's about 1/2 in thin. Sprink with salt & pepper, top with 4-6 basil leaves and 3 thin slices of tomato (add salt free seasoning/herbs on tomato, if you like). Drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 375 for 17-20 minutes. If you have room for the calories, top with fresh mozzerella before you bake. Great with or without a little balsamic vinegar drizzle when they're done.

:love:

more like :love: :love: :love:
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Last night it was crusted with coconut and baked.

This sounds amazing. With some brown jasmine rice...yumm. Thank you! I'll try this one out for sure. I love coconut.

oh my. this one sounds really good, too
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bump
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I really love balsamic vinegars...they are roughly 15-20 calories per tablespoon. Add a teaspoon of good olive oil and a tablespoon of water and that's a marinade. The one I really like right now is honey ginger balsamic, but they come in all sorts of flavors (I even like the hibiscus one over ice with seltzer and a bit of stevia). I put my chicken in a smallish ziplock bag, add the balsamic, oil and water and press out all the air. Let it sit in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight. I cook it with the marinade and add a splash of chicken stock to deglaze the pan, season with whatever strikes my fancy and serve.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    we grill it but it tastes really good with some masala!!! My husband is always putting it in with something!!! usually rice or pasta and putting in some crazy flavors!!!
  • joyce0624
    joyce0624 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • khgraves
    khgraves Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    marinated with lemon, rosemary, and thyme is one of my favorites. Thanks for the great suggestions for variations.
  • Moya6512
    Moya6512 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CycleFlow
    Options
    Franks Red Hot Sauce ( I dont measure.... so ill say a *kitten* ton of it - enough to cover your meat)
    Club House Piri Piri seasoning ( a sh*it ton of it - or to your tasting lol)

Let it marinate over night. I like smaller chunks of chicken so that more sauce gets absorbed.

BBQ it and bast with extra sauce.

MMMMM ... soo good. If you want to get fancy squirt some lime on the finshed product or granish with cilantro.

OR

Club House Smoked Paprika
    PC Taste of Spain Marinade ( i think its only availabe in canada) but any tomato & paprika based marinade will work. I like the PC one beacuse its not full of sugar or a ton of other crap.

Same measurements as above.

BBQ or bake.

Enjoy.
  • Rambo529
    Rambo529 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is this:

2 Tablespoons greek yogurt
    2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
    1 baked chicken breast, shredded
    1 pita shell, cut in half to form pockets

mix the yogurt and mustard together, added shredded chicken, mix well, stuff in pockets. Eat.

I also like to do this one when not in as much of a hurry (sorry for lack of measurements in this one, I just throw it together)

Greek Yogurt
    bread crumbs
    grated Parmesan cheese
    chicken breast

put chicken in a non-stick baking pan. Spread greek yogurt on top. mix bread crumbs and parm cheese (I usually do a 2:1 mixture of bread crumbs to cheese, but you can play with it) and sprinkle on top of yogurt. Place in 350ish degree oven and bake for about 20 minutes until done.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,661 Member
    Options
    You can liven up grilled or roasted chicken with a sweet marinade the last 10-15 minutes of cooking. Any longer and there is risk of burning the marinade. Try 1 part marmalade to 1 part mustard or 1 part honey to one part mustard. Sweet barbecue sauce works well too: mix ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and vinegar to taste.
  • Rocklinite
    Rocklinite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Flatten 4 oz chicken breast, dip in egg white, dust with bread crumbs, fry on med/low heat. Use a non stick spray or just wipe the pan with oil to coat. The pan has to be hot. Take your time cooking it. I cover and put on low heat. It's amazing! We like hot sauce sprinkled on top.
  • Anill42
    Anill42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts marinated overnight in low-fat italian dressing and then grilled or baked with green peppers and onions!
  • ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Old Bay seasoning or lemon pepper then grill on the George Foreman!
  • mareemak
    Options
    Like Indian flavours? I baste mine all over with commercial curry paste - doesn't matter what flavour. If it needs thinning to make it more spreadable I just add a little olive oil. Whack it on the barbecue or grill and voila you have a very tasty addition to a bunch of salad veges or whatever else you choose.
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Foreman grill + Chicken tenderloins + spices

or

whole chickens, usually 2-3 at a time, pick the meat..eat in a few days