I am not loosing weight??? Feeling discouraged.:-(

Options
I have been tracking my calories religiously for the past two weeks, working out, and drinking my water. Although the week is not yet over. i have not lost any weight. it is so discouraging. This is why i stopped before. TMI- I have not had very many bowels movements either. I have been working out 4-5 days a week. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is not very long time to already be doubting your efforts. There have been plenty of times where I didn't lose weight for 2, 3, or 4 weeks at a time, but then I lose again. Be a bit more patient. Also, if you need more advice, you may want to make your diary public so people can see what you are eating and your calorie goals.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I agree with refinedredir, it is a little too soon to tell, especially if you're blocked up. Constipation is fairly common from what I've seen - just keep drinking the water, and see where you can add more fiber to your diet. Doing that could help spur the weight loss too, because having the extra "stuff" building up in your intestines can stall the weight.
  • Yourdonis
    Yourdonis Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Didnt know my diary is private it will be open in a minute. :-) Thanks.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Yes it would be helpful to see your diary to help you. For example eating a lot of fiber will help not only keep the pipes moving but help with feeling full. Agree also that two weeks isnt a long time. Patience was one of hardest things for me to learn when first starting out. Don't be discouraged, you have taken the best first step by being here!
  • Yourdonis
    Yourdonis Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yeah i think we all want that immediate gratification of progress. Even a little bit will do. Gonna focus more on eating some veggies for the rest of this week.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that you are overestimating your exercise calories?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    1. Are you weighing/measuring your food? You could be overestimating/underestimating your calorie intake. If you don't have one, get a food scale. They're like $20 at Target.
    2. Are you using MFP to track your exercise calories, or do you have a HRM? MFP is notorious for overestimating calorie burns

You need to be 100% honest with your food diary. Not saying you're not, but if you're just eyeballing it, you could be way off. I noticed alot of fried foods on your diary, which is fine, but needs to be in moderation. You didn't have any fruits or vegetables. You really need to incorporate those into your diet. Cracker and chips and processed foods won't fill you up or keep you satisfied like fruits/veggies. Eat more lean meats like turkey, chicken, fish. These are all things you should be having but aren't. They will help you feel fuller and last longer than the stuff you've been having, and you'll feel 1000% better and satisfied. The rest will fall into place and you will start losing. Remember, moderation! Weigh everything and make sure your portion sizes are accurate.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You're not having many bowel movements because you hardly eat any fiber. Your diet is pretty bad - even though you're within you calorie limits, you're eating a lot of deep fried and processed foods. This isn't helping you. Try upping your fruits and veggies and replacing the deep fried shrimp and chicken wings with lean proteins like baked fish or grilled chicken breast.

And ya, you might be overestimating your exercise calories as mentioned before. Wear a HRM to get a more accurate calorie burn estimate.
  • littlebee26
    Options
    A lot of dirty calories in your diary. Much easier to accurately track clean calories. Your diet is the problem. You need to do some research on the foods you should be eating, when to eat and how much protein, fat, carbs should be clocked up daily.
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    A lot of dirty calories in your diary. Much easier to accurately track clean calories. Your diet is the problem. You need to do some research on the foods you should be eating, when to eat and how much protein, fat, carbs should be clocked up daily.

First of all, dirty v clean is broscience when it comes down to weight loss. It comes into play slightly more in terms of weight training performance, but not for weight loss. Just hit your macros properly and up your fat and protein.

Second of all, 2 weeks is a grain of sand. It didn't take two weeks to get you to this point, and it won't take you two weeks to reach your destination.

Finally, it's useful to note that most people overestimate their energy expenditure and underestimate their intake. Reevaluate and weigh your food, and invest in a HRM.
  • mcm724
    mcm724 Posts: 3
    Options
    If you're eating a lot of processed foods, they are often high in sodium. You could be retaining water. Also, I had a friend who ate very healthfully and was very active, but could not lose weight. Her doctor discovered she was allergic to almost all grains, and dairy. He told her that can cause inflammation & put her on a strict diet. No dairy, grains, alcohol, no meat/seafood, nuts/seeds to start out. After 2 weeks, lean meat/seafood except for beef. After 6 weeks wine. She alternates one week vegetarian the next lean meat in her diet. After 6 months (October), she can try adding grains/dairy 1 thing at a time to see how her body handles it. She's lost about 30lbs so far. She's really toning up, too as she lifts weights and gets cardio.

You can do it!
  • littlebee26
    Options

First of all, dirty v clean is broscience when it comes down to weight loss. It comes into play slightly more in terms of weight training performance, but not for weight loss. Just hit your macros properly and up your fat and protein.

Second of all, 2 weeks is a grain of sand. It didn't take two weeks to get you to this point, and it won't take you two weeks to reach your destination.

Finally, it's useful to note that most people overestimate their energy expenditure and underestimate their intake. Reevaluate and weigh your food, and invest in a HRM.

I didn't say that clean calories would speed up weight loss. I said clean calories are easier to track. And anyway, surely weight loss should also be about becoming healthier?? A clean healthy diet is always best. Broscience my a**
  • ChiManLifts
    Options

I didn't say that clean calories would speed up weight loss. I said clean calories are easier to track. So your point is kind of pointless???

In actuality most dirty foods (i.e processed foods) come in a package, with clear labels. They are just as easy to track if not more than clean foods such as produce and "healthy" foods with labels.

Please calm down.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Looking at your exercise diary I suspect this may be part of the problem.......I'm going to suggest that burning 619 in 35 minutes on any cardio machine is optimistic (I don't burn that in a 35 minute run)
  • littlebee26
    Options
    :laugh:

I didn't say that clean calories would speed up weight loss. I said clean calories are easier to track. So your point is kind of pointless???

In actuality most dirty foods (i.e processed foods) come in a package, with clear labels. They are just as easy to track if not more than clean foods such as produce and "healthy" foods with labels.

Please calm down.

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements or pictures? It's still early, but I recommend it. The scale is not my friend at all. I have only lost 5 pounds in 5 months but completely changed my body. Don't rely on the scale, it's a dirty liar.
  • VistaJerry
    Options

Please calm down.

Chiman you're right...dirty foods are just as easy to track.

And you'll soon learn that these forums are filled with easily rustled people..it comes along with being hangry lol
  • littlebee26
    Options

Please calm down.

Chiman you're right...dirty foods are just as easy to track.

And you'll soon learn that these forums are filled with easily rustled people..it comes along with being hangry lol

Indeed. You are both right. Ive learned a real lesson here today. Me and my broscience thinking that a healthy balanced diet was best. And getting all rustled and all. Sheesh, what am I like boys.......what am I like!! (tummy rumbles) :laugh:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options

^^^ Agree with everything this man says!!!

And I wouldn't eat back any exercise calories just yet (plus it does sound like you're overestimating), try it for a week or so and see how you do. And measure every single thing with a scale! You'd be surprised how much you're actually eating.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options

Looking at your exercise diary I suspect this may be part of the problem.......I'm going to suggest that burning 619 in 35 minutes on any cardio machine is optimistic (I don't burn that in a 35 minute run)

This...and the fried/processed foods instead of veggies. You don't have to give up everything you love..but some changes need to happen here.