P90X

Options
Does anyone do P90X, and if so, what do you think about it? I'm wondering if it would be a good complement on my "cross training" days for my 1/2 marathon in November. Have great days everyone!

Replies

• jmmtaylor
    Options
    It is a very intense workout. It kills me when I do it (I'm also just starting to work out). My husband seen great improvements on it!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It may be a little intense to do along side marathon training, you will not get the recovery you need.
  • delainedecker
    delainedecker Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :glasses: I have P90X and have done the whole round. I didn't do it while trying to train for a ½ marathon... BUT, I know plenty of ppl who do P90X along with a boat load of cardio stuff...so I think it is something that is managable. You just have to know your body. P90X is an awesome strength workout, and Tony mixes in some cardio days and stretch days too...
  • MissyMorganFit
    Options
    I am a Beachbody Coach with many customers who are indeed runners, as well as having completed 2 rounds of P90X myself. Actually, most of them say it has helped them tremendously. If you choose to do it, I would suggest using the "Lean" program rather than the "Classic". If you have any further questions, feel free to message me.
  • BrittSwimsJDRF
    BrittSwimsJDRF Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your posts. I think I'm going to give it a try... I need to work on strength also, so this should be fun!
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am starting P90x for the 2nd time, I didn't complete it the first time due to health. Even though I didn't complete it I have noticed a big difference in my strength. I also enjoy the variety of it.