About eating time ???

Options
I wake up 1pm everyday because i don't do anything at home so i started to eat lunch not breakfast , is it okay to eat 2 times a day consuming 1200cal a day? Because i eat lunch 2pm and dinner is 7pm and i sleep about 1am will i burn my bmr?

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    What time do you go to bed? I don't think it matters if you eat one meal or 5 as long as the calorie count is right and you feel healthy.
  • I sleep 1am im worried because other said need to eat 3 to 4 times a day to keep metabolism going is tha true?
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    There's several schools of thought on this. One is that you need several meals to regulate metabolism and blood sugar... another is that calories are calories no matter when you eat them, or in how many meals. Do what works best for you. There are days I eat 2x and other days I eat 5x. it all depends on what i have going for the day. Good luck!
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I sleep 1am im worried because other said need to eat 3 to 4 times a day to keep metabolism going is tha true?

Not in the least.
  • scottaworley
    Options
    There's several schools of thought on this. One is that you need several meals to regulate metabolism and blood sugar... another is that calories are calories no matter when you eat them, or in how many meals. Do what works best for you. There are days I eat 2x and other days I eat 5x. it all depends on what i have going for the day. Good luck!

Regulating metabolism and regulating blood sugar are two completely separate things. I need to eat every few hours to prevent blood sugar spikes, but doing so has no effect on my metabolism (for better or worse).
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I get up at 8am but I don't eat breakfast, never have done. I eat one meal at lunchtime and the second around 6pm. My metabolism is fine :smile:
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    Meal timing and frequency have absolutely no effect on bmr.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I sleep 1am im worried because other said need to eat 3 to 4 times a day to keep metabolism going is tha true?
    No.

You're fine.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Not in the least.

meal timing has nothing to do with metabolism...so eat whenever you want...
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    How often you eat doesn't affect your metabolism as long as you're eating the correct amount of calories. As Scott said below, eating more regularly can control your blood sugar regulation, which may or may not be an issue for you, but your metabolism is fine.

But if you're falling asleep at 1am and waking up at 1pm, that's 12 hours sleeping. That seems excessive. Are you sure 1200 calories is enough for you? Are you tired all the time? This may be something you need to talk to your doctor about. My brother was like that and found out he wrecked his thyroid in law school from stress and not eating enough.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Regulating metabolism and regulating blood sugar are two completely separate things. I need to eat every few hours to prevent blood sugar spikes, but doing so has no effect on my metabolism (for better or worse).

there is a study posted on leangains.com that said that people who eat fewer meals actually had a lower insulin spike then those who eat several meals a day ....
  • scottaworley
    Options

there is a study posted on leangains.com that said that people who eat fewer meals actually had a lower insulin spike then those who eat several meals a day ....

Interesting. Do you have a link? If not I'll just peruse the site later.
  • How often you eat doesn't affect your metabolism as long as you're eating the correct amount of calories. As Scott said below, eating more regularly can control your blood sugar regulation, which may or may not be an issue for you, but your metabolism is fine.

But if you're falling asleep at 1am and waking up at 1pm, that's 12 hours sleeping. That seems excessive. Are you sure 1200 calories is enough for you? Are you tired all the time? This may be something you need to talk to your doctor about. My brother was like that and found out he wrecked his thyroid in law school from stress and not eating enough.

Yes i sleep 12 hours a day is it bad? I test my bmr and the result is 1528 and im following the 1200 cal rule im not tired im just lazy ever since because my mom always do the job , im not overweight before i begin the weight gain when i got a baby at 19 i hope to get back my 120lbs weight im 159 now :( i eat with my husband all the time and im the only one gaining weight until now he's still 130lbs im worried because we all do the same we eat the same but im the only one getting fat that my metabolism is slow
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't care when you feed it.

calories are calories, is calories.
  • Meal timing and frequency have absolutely no effect on bmr.

I hope so , because bmr is about my metabolism correct me if im wrong , if i eat 2 meals a day will i still lose the 1528cal doing noting indicated by bmr? Some are telling eat less but frequently and some are calories are calories ,
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever you want, it will have no effect.

Enjoy.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The calorie count doesn't change:smile: when you eat at different times or in specific order...:noway: What does change is your ability to burn the calories.. so try not to eat close to the time you are ready to sleep...:yawn: it promotes the "storing" of calories ... as Fat :sad: Other then that.... Enjoy your meals.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • I hope 2 meals a day won't slow down my metabolism , im scared fo the starvation mode thing ,
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I hope 2 meals a day won't slow down my metabolism , im scared fo the starvation mode thing ,

I eat 2 meals a day, have done for the past year and a half. It is a myth, you will be fine, Shaleen.
  • The calorie count doesn't change:smile: when you eat at different times or in specific order...:noway: What does change is your ability to burn the calories.. so try not to eat close to the time you are ready to sleep...:yawn: it promotes the "storing" of calories ... as Fat :sad: Other then that.... Enjoy your meals.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Yah i hope so, i didn't eat breakfast because i wake up 1pm thats why i only eat 2 meals a day two big meals 500 each and extra 200 calories for dessert