About eating time ???

Options
2»

Replies

• scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    The calorie count doesn't change:smile: when you eat at different times or in specific order...:noway: What does change is your ability to burn the calories.. so try not to eat close to the time you are ready to sleep...:yawn: it promotes the "storing" of calories ... as Fat :sad: Other then that.... Enjoy your meals.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Eating before bed does not have an effect on how you use the calories.
  • I hope 2 meals a day won't slow down my metabolism , im scared fo the starvation mode thing ,

I eat 2 meals a day, have done for the past year and a half. It is a myth, you will be fine, Shaleen.

Thanks i really hope it's jus't a myth because i can't change my daily meals the only thing i can change is my caloric intake i can't skip my moms dish
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I hope 2 meals a day won't slow down my metabolism , im scared fo the starvation mode thing ,

I eat 2 meals a day, have done for the past year and a half. It is a myth, you will be fine, Shaleen.

Thanks i really hope it's jus't a myth because i can' caphange my daily meal the only thing i can change is my caloric intake i can't skip my moms dish

Don't need to hope. I assure you it is fine.
  • I get up at 8am but I don't eat breakfast, never have done. I eat one meal at lunchtime and the second around 6pm. My metabolism is fine :smile:

Im glad it works for you i hope it works for me too :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    meal timing and frequency is largely irrelevant...
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My general theory is that everybody's body works differently and you have to find out what works for you.

Ex. Some people say they can't eat after 7pm or they have a harder time losing. That doesn't affect me.

I don't think that as long as you are eating your calories, it doesn't mater if you do it all at once or several times throughout the day.

When I first started, I only ate about twice a day because I had never been a breakfast eater. Now, I eat 3 times a day and usually a snack. Nothing huge but it works better because my schedule has changed so much.

If you think you should eat 3 times, then divide one of your meals in half and eat a few hours apart.
  • nathotte
    nathotte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you're active you should intake at least 1500 calories or your body will go into starvation mode and store everything. I was eating 1200 cals a day and my trainer told me to eat no less than 1500 prefereably closer to the 1700-1800 cals a day to burn fat. In hospitals, although yucky food, they feed you approximately 1600 cals a day and most people come out having lost weight. If you're eating healthy meals and snacks (protein, fruits, veggies and some starch) and skip on the dessert (tough one to do) you'll lose more weight than 1000 cals for good food I'm assuming and 200 for dessert.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    2 meals a day here. I go back and for between multiple meals, but I've recently found that 2 meals work better for me. If anything, it's made me lose weight in comparison, even with the same amount of calories.

As most people said, meal frequency absolutely does not matter.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My general theory is that everybody's body works differently and you have to find out what works for you.

Ex. Some people say they can't eat after 7pm or they have a harder time losing. That doesn't affect me.

I don't think that as long as you are eating your calories, it doesn't mater if you do it all at once or several times throughout the day.

When I first started, I only ate about twice a day because I had never been a breakfast eater. Now, I eat 3 times a day and usually a snack. Nothing huge but it works better because my schedule has changed so much.

If you think you should eat 3 times, then divide one of your meals in half and eat a few hours apart.

Every healthy person's body works the same way. It's science, and science is not variable. People who eat after (x) time and can't lose weight can't lose weight because they overeat after (x).

Also, though you are not active, you might want to bump your calories up. 1200 is the bare minimum, and for many people it is too little.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    goodthingaboutscience.jpg
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Yes i sleep 12 hours a day is it bad?
    Yes, sleeping 12 hours a day probably isn't good. How are you even doing that with a 3-year-old kid? If you're bored, spend some time with your kid or pick up a hobby or even start exercising. Oversleeping is linked to increased risk of diabetes, obesity, depression, heart disease, and even death.

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/physical-side-effects-oversleeping
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/10/30/oversleeping.health.effects/
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    If you're active you should intake at least 1500 calories or your body will go into starvation mode and store everything. I was eating 1200 cals a day and my trainer told me to eat no less than 1500 prefereably closer to the 1700-1800 cals a day to burn fat. In hospitals, although yucky food, they feed you approximately 1600 cals a day and most people come out having lost weight. If you're eating healthy meals and snacks (protein, fruits, veggies and some starch) and skip on the dessert (tough one to do) you'll lose more weight than 1000 cals for good food I'm assuming and 200 for dessert.

You will not go into "starvation mode" eating 1200 calories. Whilst I don't recommend the majority to eat 1200 calories because it is under what they need, it certainly wont put you in starvation mode.