5'11" chick and wanting to lose 40 pounds

Options
Hi! I'm a tall 28 yr old woman looking for friends to motivate me. I'm such an introvert so the idea of adding people scares me to death but I've decided I'm going to make myself do it since I need the encouragement sometimes. I've been on here for just under 2 months and have lost 8 pounds. I'm pretty happy with that since nothing else has really worked well for me. I realized that my portion sizes were way distorted and that was why I originally got on here, not really with the intention to lose weight. I had tried tracking food before but it didn't really work out because I didn't have the info easily accessible at night which was when I would eat the most. I have to say having the mobile app has made a huge difference!

So anyway, if you're tall and looking to lose weight, I'm your girl!

Replies

• Jayne2629
    Options
    Hey!

I'm 5'11, and my goal is to lose around 30 pounds as well. I closer to my goal weight earlier this year, but unfortunately the weight creeped back way too quickly. :(
    I've accepted that this is going to take a while, so my goal is to be where I want to be at the beginning of next summer. I'm working out 5 days/week doing the Jamie Eason fitness program with a bit of added cardio right now, however following my own diet goals on here.

We can do this!!
  • newblue95
    newblue95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5'9" and aiming for ~28 pounds lost :) I'm new on here!
  • louise62602
    Options
    I'm 5'10 &1/2 and am looking to lose around 10 more pounds. I have already lost 11.
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'11" and weighed 194 when I started. I am now down to 181 in only 36 days. I'm so stoked. My goal is another 15-21 lbs.
    I'm 29 and have 2 daughters (9 years old and an almost 2 year old)
    Please FR me. I try to write on everyones posts as often as I can to encourage and support my friends.
    We got this! :happy:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome. I'm 34, 5'11 also. Started in Oct. 2010 at 190, In August 2012 I hit my All Time low adult weight of 143 (so I'm proof that MFP works, even if the loss was slow). Presently I bounce between 157-153, I'd like to bounce between 147-152. But you'll learn getting 5 pounds off is harder than 40! But I'm here, chugging along.

Good luck. Stick with it, find something you can stick to long term, learn all kinds of good new habits and here's to never being in the overweight category again!
  • sklebar
    sklebar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hiya, 5 ft. 10 in. and 141 lbs (64 kg.). I don't exercise as much as I used to, so have had to really watch what I eat. I'm now in maintenance phase, but enjoy eating healthier. It really opens your eyes to amazing food out there!
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    ArmyAntzz at your service...:wink: Experienced 30 lb loser at MFP..:happy: in the past year I've gone from 240 to current 183 :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Standing by:smile:
  • pnmacgeorge
    pnmacgeorge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So nice to see other tall women around. I often fill like an amazon. I'm 5' 9", looking to loose 15-20lbs. Just started, so far so good.
  • Jennernichole
    Jennernichole Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am 5' 10" @ 211 lbs. I am looking to be around 140 again. Feel free to add me!
  • dvandyke75
    dvandyke75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'9" and 232 (down from 240), would like to get somewhere around 170. Feel free to add me :)
  • ambuford21
    ambuford21 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So nice to see other tall women around. I often fill like an amazon. I'm 5' 9", looking to loose 15-20lbs. Just started, so far so good.

Ha! I was so excited when I first met my husband because I could now wear heels around him (he's 6'6")
  • buttonb
    buttonb Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey, I'm only 5.5 but I want to loose 40 pounds too if that's counts??
  • Quannie1012
    Quannie1012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'10 and looking to lose 40 pounds. I want to learn how to eat healthier and workout 3-4 days a week. Looking for people to motivate me.
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am 5 8 1/2 so not as tall as you are but tall. Feel free to add me :)
  • bhavnoor
    bhavnoor Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm 5' 10-1/2" and looking to loose about 40 lbs... I seriously started this 2 weeks ago and I've lost 1/5 lbs since :smile:

Feel free to add me...
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 6', fellow runner, happy to help if you need it, feel free to add me. We're all in this together and the positive peer pressure to lose weight helps ALL of us.
  • CassarahW
    CassarahW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'10" and I have 105 lbs still left to lose. I'm losing it a little bit at a time in a healthy way and I'm feeling amazing! Glad to meet you! I'll shoot you a friend request. I'm 32.
  • kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9 1/2 " (Very proud of that half inch!) and am looking to lose 60lbs initially.

If anyone wants to add me feel free!

Katie
  • pnmacgeorge
    pnmacgeorge Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I love to wear heels but feel I am towering over everyone. Luckily my husband is 6'1", got kissing height.
  • mellieespal
    mellieespal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm almost 29, 5'9" and trying to lose 35 lbs. Started exercising regularly about 2 months ago and lost ~7lbs, but just started using the MFP food tracker this week.

Happy to add you & any other tall gals feel free to add me as well!