Strong first post.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Run away while you can
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    just go talk with him don't listen to the people that say dump him communication is key. i believe it is fake but o well
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I think he's perfect for you, OP. Definitely keep him, and don't listen to the haters.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Get out while the getting is good.. Trust me.
  • MackLuster77
    MackLuster77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Okay everybody, you can stop replying to the deactivated account now.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Did u LITTERLY write that as your 1st post
  • michellechawner
    Options
    If your boyfriend is shallow, then WTF are you with him if it bothers you?

And that's all the time I feel like wasting on a troll.

And I now see the post that the account is deactivated :) Finally some happiness to my day.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    WHy is everyone assuming this person is a troll? I don't understand.

First post, no profile, account already deactivated.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Okay everybody, you can stop replying to the deactivated account now.

Just noticed that...lol
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    OP's account is "Deactivated"...
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    32549376.jpg

I'm writing this post for some peoples opinions. I want some insight on my situation. I been dating this guy for a little over two months. I'm very comfortable with him. He makes me laugh & we moved pretty fast in the short period of time we been dating. We already tell eachother we love eachother & talk about the future.. kids, marriage etc.. there's just one thing that bothers me. Sometimes he makes me feel like I'm not good enough for him by some comments he makes.

Litterly after two weeks of dating he said I would be way prettier with lighter hair & if I did my makeup differently. So since then ive made my hair lighter and I started doing my makeup differently. He makes comments like how he wants his girl to look like a model.I know these are petty comments and might not be a big deal but I want to know if hes like this now is it going to get worse as time goes on.. .

I told him hes extremely shallow and I even broke up with him because I don't want to be with someone who is always so focused on looks and materialistic things. But then I felt kind of stupid about breaking up with him over something so petty.

He also made a comment today about how I should read th newspaper everyday to learn something new to talk about cause i dont have anything smart to talk about.. because all I do is sit around watch Tv and talk on the phone... and always tell's me to go to the gym because he thinks its sexy when girls are motivated and have goals.

All of thee comments make me feel kind of useless and not worthy enough for him. I haven't been working as much, my work has given me less then part time hours. Also I don't have a car at the moment and living back home with my parents cause of financial issues. So I'm not exactly living my life to its full potential, however I'm starting school in September and making changes. I never really had self esteem issues untill recently.

But I'm feeling insecure and hes not helping.WWhen I tell him how he makes me feel he says he doesn't know why I'm being so insecure. Are these red flags? Any insight would help. Thanks

(for future readers of this thread, I arbitrarily broke that up into more easily read paragraphs.)

FTW
  • lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Effing troll, man :grumble:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    His extremely shallow what? Swimming pool? Bathtub?
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    wtrbi1.gif
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    get rid of him, find a chick,
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    And....

Deactivated
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    wtrbi1.gif

I love this!! The original post sucks, though.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Obvious troll post. OP already deactivated. :yawn:
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    Dump him, seriously. Why would you want to be with someone who makes you feel bad about yourself? It won't get better, believe me. Especially if you've already broken up with him once and the the behavior didn't change after you got back together. Also, breaking down someone's self-esteem is job one for abusers. The person you're with should think you're great, not see you as a barely tolerable fixer-upper. I mean, why is he with you if you don't look right, have nothing interesting to talk about, etc.?

THIS!!!!

I am speaking from experience. it doesn't get any better. it only gets worse, with the potential that there may be some physical abuse in the future. it starts with the mental abuse at first....the breaking down of your self esteem...the "i think you would look better if you did this"....maybe you should change this....it's really subtle at first...then it progresses to bigger things...hence him telling you that you don't have anything to talk about....slowly breaking down your esteem so you feel like you do not deserve anyone else and he is doing you a favor by being with you. Which is not untrue.

If your situation is the way you say it is....i personally don't think now is a good time to be in a relationship anyway. those are just my thoughts. I hope you know you deserve better. a person that loves you will not tear down your self esteem