Canadian what are your plans for long weekend?

Options

Replies

• enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I haven't made any plans yet. My boyfriend is out of town and my best friend is away on holiday. Normally I'd try to spend some time with them, but since that's not in the cards I'll have to call up some other friends and see what we can figure out. I will definitely be spending some time either working out at the gym or doing something active outdoors.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am not Canadian, but I still have a long weekend and I am planning to survive the zombie apocalypse

What??? That's this weekend? I guess I am going to be busy after all!

hardest_part_of_zombie_apocalypse_bumper_sticker-r02699740dcad4401950df649084e6465_v9wht_8byvr_512.jpg
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    going to america

Just curious. Is this the common reference for you guys if you are coming down here? If not, what other terms do you use? It just struck me when I saw this answer. :smile:

When I lived in Alaska we called it the "lower 48".

I hear it a bit though the most common one around here is going to the States.

I've generally always heard the U.S. referred to as The States. Don't know anyone who calls it America.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    going to america

Just curious. Is this the common reference for you guys if you are coming down here? If not, what other terms do you use? It just struck me when I saw this answer. :smile:

When I lived in Alaska we called it the "lower 48".

I hear it a bit though the most common one around here is going to the States.

I've generally always heard the U.S. referred to as The States. Don't know anyone who calls it America.

'Merica!
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I went north. There is a big festival with a midway and concerts and FOOD delicious food. The kids are going to have a blast with the grandparents.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing a lot of nothing I hope. It would be nice if I could even get someone else to get my drinks like it is a true vacation. Hope you all have a safe and great long weekend.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    we are WHOOPING IT UP. starting in a hour,
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Bungee jumping, ziplining, overhead obstacle course and rock climbing. Ya I may have a death wish, it's fine lol
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    You mean Labor Day? 'Cause not all Canadians have a long weekend in August.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    We don't get the Monday holiday in NL because on Wed (Aug 7th) we have our local Regatta - closes the city. So we get one, not both.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    We don't have it in Quebec, but lucky for me, I work in Ottawa, just gives me a free day out of my vacation that won't affect my vacation bank at work :happy:
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    They are probably all flocking to the US to drive erratically and go shopping!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm going to clean some eaves troughs, insulate the wall under the stairs, mow the lawn, pick up dog poopies, clean the house, have a fire in the backyard and drink some wine. I'm also going to go to a pow wow tomorrow (my first ever)
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    We don't get the Monday holiday in NL because on Wed (Aug 7th) we have our local Regatta - closes the city. So we get one, not both.

I was just about the say pretty well the same thing! :)

I've started my holidays today and go back August 12th so my long WEEK shall consist of spending tomorrow and Sunday at an RV park, no major plans Monday, taking in some dinner and live music at an Irish Pub downtown on Tuesday, Regatta on Wednesday then returning to another RV park Thursday through Sunday! :)
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    Gonna party my a** off with some friends at Gabbos night club. Yay me :)
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Welllllllll, tonight I'm going to the gym, getting really dressed up and going to Hudson's (bar) and dance the night away, then I'm going to pick my darling friend up from the airport at 1:40AM 'cause I'm suuch a good friend. So, not drinking! Then I plan on tanning all weekend! :D
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    As of today, I am off for 22 days. We are leaving tonight for Maine to see family,, shop, beach, eat copious amounts of clams, and drink. Will be there for a week!

I love Maine!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    painting and tiling. YIPEE!!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    No real plans so I'm imagining a weekend filled with working out, cleaning house and just doing whatever I feel like doing. Here's hoping some of the renovations my landlord has started will continue.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    painting and tiling. YIPEE!!

Me too :grumble:
    Darn bathroom!!

But in Qc we don't have a long weekend though.. /jelly