What to grill with salmon

Options
So I'm planning on firing up my grill this weekend (like every weekend) and tossing on some chicken and salmon. So what would be a good tasty side besides my beloved salads.

Give me some ideas people!

Replies

• vglikman
    vglikman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Some grilled squash!
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm learning to like sweet potatoes. I think they'd be great grilled. You can roast/bake/grill almost any firm vegetable that you can "chunk" up into more or less bite-sized pieces.I suspect there are also some fruits that would come out pretty nice "singed" on the grill (peaches, nectarines, mangoes, etc)
  • SimpleThingsInLife
    Options
    Make some veggie shish cabobs. That way you can get some variety.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    asparagus/zucchini?? and somehow iclude some lemon/lime. Just sounded good grilled with salmon right this moment :D I could be wrong though! lol
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    my favorite is zucchini which is a squash I know lol but I just love it so much I put it in it's own catagory hahaha.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Make some veggie shish cabobs. That way you can get some variety.

Such a great idea . I'll do that when we are camping next week :drinker:
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    we just throw what ever vegetables we have on hand in a grill basket. Last week it was button mushrooms, thinly sliced potatoes, yellow squash and zucchini. Other times it might be portabella mushrooms topped with goat cheese, asparagus, peppers, eggplant. Again anything we have available gets grilled.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    more salmon :P
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options
    veggies!! green peppers, onions, squash
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Cream some butter and add dill and garlic. Spread inside the salmon. Add slices of your favourite citrus fruit. Add some par-cooked rice and wrap the whole lot in tin foil. Cook until the rice and salmon are cooked.

Meanwhile, beat some eggs and drop into a hot pan. As the eggs are cooking, crumble in your favourite cheese so that it is just melted when the eggs are cooked. Do NOT use milk, and only add a little butter if you must.

Serve with a crunchy salad and crusty bread, and a bottle of Pouilly-Fumé. Heaven!!
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Mango!
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    As a side, I would have to say that Costco Strawberry Cheesecake works for me. It's amazing! LOL You can also grill some corn on the cob. Leave the husk on, soak it in cold water, wrap it in foil and place on the upper rack of the grill. It should be done in twenty minutes or so.

I like to place some lemon slices on salmon if I'm grilling it. I also mix melted butter with brown sugar with a little orange zest, cayenne and salt. Then place that on the salmon as you're grilling.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Corn on the cob of course. Rub garlic and butter on it, wrap in tinfoil, and cook away.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Asparagus spears
    Brussel sprouts (I seriously hated these until I started slicing in half and roasting. A good grilling would work too)
    Artichoke halves

Now I'm hungry for some grilled vegetables and salmon, damn it!
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I don't know why but whenever I make salmon I always pair it with a veggie and rice. It just seems like fish and rice is a must.
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    ooo -- just did this tonight... Cut my yellow squash into 2.5 inch slices, marinated in balsamic vinagar glaze/olive oil/garlic for 4 hours -- grilled beside my salmon for 10 mins. It was delish.
    I served it with corn on the cob, and some beets.
  • newblue95
    newblue95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love grilled or oven-roasted asparagus with a squeeze of lemon juice and some black pepper. Yummy!!
  • schuyler_2
    Options
    I've spent some time as a seafood chef. The better your fish, the less you need to do. Pinenuts are always a great complimentary side, full of healthy fats too.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Grill corn on the cob! It's the best.