Another Anger question

Options
I am interested, when you guys get angry and it comes time for dinner, or in my case right now lunch, do you guys find it hard, like me to eat? Or do you guys eat more when Angry?

In TOPS we always pledge to control our emotions and not allow to be controled by them. Me with my temper and living with my family that seems to love to be angry (that is from my perspective) that pledge is hard to do. And when I am angry, like now, it feels like I have to choke the food down me.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    a drink may be in order
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    a drink may be in order

Yup.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Once I see a food in front of my nose all the anger goes away instantly! I don't even know what the hell I was angry for... I just wanna ate.

If we ever get into fight and I'm about to puch you in a face just give me a muffin and I will hug you!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    No, I'm the opposite. I self-medicate any negative emotion with food. I'm not usually someone to get angry angry, though. I tend to just get upset and cry over a bowl of ice cream. D:
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    being angry is the best time for exercising (weights or running, i'd stay away from contact sports :wink:) and afterwards, eating shouldn't be a problem :happy:
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm not a stress/anger eater... I too lose my appetite (for a while). I guess that's why I say I'm "fat & happy" but I'm working towards just "happy". Maybe I need to get angry more often?!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Depends on the anger. Yes, I can NOT eat if I'm REALLY upset. The food just will NOT go down. My stomach won't take it, even if it's growling like crazy. I may be able to get one or two bites in at the most, but that's it. My counselor said it's an extreme form of anxiety. At one level, some eat a lot, and once we pass a certain level, we can't eat.

You are not alone...

I don't have a solution for you but to try to eat something. I've been told to try to eat healthy foods with higher calories like walnuts when I get like that.
  • VixenArgentum
    VixenArgentum Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I can't eat when I'm sad, I can't eat when I'm anxious, and I can't eat when I'm angry.

So, I'm more like you.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I don't eat or not eat because of anger,but I sure get mad when I don't eat
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Do what now?? :ohwell:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    you do know that your feelings are your choice, right? They can be angry, but you can choose to be happy. Just a thought.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I am interested, when you guys get angry and it comes time for dinner, or in my case right now lunch, do you guys find it hard, like me to eat? Or do you guys eat more when Angry?

In TOPS we always pledge to control our emotions and not allow to be controled by them. Me with my temper and living with my family that seems to love to be angry (that is from my perspective) that pledge is hard to do. And when I am angry, like now, it feels like I have to choke the food down me.

Forget the food, why are you so angry? That's the issue. I believe anger also produces cortisol or something that will increases hormones that deter weight loss. In any case, weight loss aside, so much anger is not healthy.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    a drink may be in order

Yup.

Drinking to cope with anger doesn't sound like the best course of action to me. But what do I know? I'm not an alcoholic. :drinker:
  • Shivpea
    Shivpea Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. Thankfully I can recognise when my crankiness is from hunger and I hold my tongue when I want to give out to someone and then I head straight for the fridge!!
  • Shivpea
    Shivpea Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sorry, that post above was in reply to someone who said they get angry when hungry!!
  • angieochoa1201
    Options
    I can not eat if Im upset (yes I know im a girl)
    but I was just thinking about this yesterday! I didn't eat anything till almost seven when I forced down a smoothie before my spin class so I didn't pass out.
    I felt much better after burning that anger off in the gym I was able to go home and eat dinner :)

I also lost 20 pounds while pregnant because of being upset and over emotional....
  • angieochoa1201
    Options
    I also get angrier when I am hungry.... so its not a good cycle
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I Googled TOPS - I got lots of places trying to sell me clothes and "Total Operations Processing System, or TOPS, is a computer system for managing the locomotives and rolling stock (railroad cars) owned by a rail system.". I guess you don't mean either of those things?

Also, I get hangry if I have I don't eat for too many hours - I blame low blood sugar. My mum was notorious for needing to be fed dinner by about 6pm or things got cross. I never have a problem eating (unless I've got food poisoning). :bigsmile:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options

Even a person with an "anger problem" can choose to react differently, For Example, if you are in front of certain people, you may choose to react differently because you don't want to ruin your relationship, humiliate yourself, etc.

What I am saying is, if you really want to react well, not lapse into a state of anger, then....take responsibility and resolve not to go there. May take a little practice if you've had a lot of training at home with angry parents etc.....but you can do it.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Forget the food, why are you so angry? That's the issue. I believe anger also produces cortisol or something that will increases hormones that deter weight loss. In any case, weight loss aside, so much anger is not healthy.
    So true!