August 2013 30 Day Shredders...where ya at?

Options
So I have attempted to start (but never finished) 30 Day Shred on 2 different occasions. Unfortunately life happened and I never made it through. I'm hoping that if I can enlist some of my fellow pals that are doing 30DS or are interested in starting up 30DS then there is a possibility that I just might be more successful at it and might even finish. Anyone with me??

A lil about me...
I'm 31 standing a big 5'3 and weighing in at 147. I have been blessed to give birth to 2 beautiful children but can't even blame my pregnancies for my weight gain. I know that if I can get my mind where it needs to be then I can totally accomplish this and make it a lifestyle. My curent goal is to get to 130 and then evaluate how that looks and feels on me. I will gladly add any pals that would like to help encourage me or that can add some extra encouragement on my end.

So...let's get moving!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• lyubashka
    lyubashka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS today (day1). I gave birth to my third baby 3 weeks ago. I am 5"2 weighing 146 lbs. my goal is 115. I am 31. You can do it! Surprisingly today wasn't as hard as I remember it being a year ago but wait till those muscles are super sore! I am breastfeeding so I am consuming 1500 calories a day.
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm starting! I have to start tomorrow though because I'm not at home until then. I tried it once and made it to Day 8, I'm determined to make August a good month for me. Feel free to add me!
  • Fieldyvond
    Options
    im waiting on my DVD coming, really wanted to start it today!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!! Hopefully everyone will get a chance to check in here every once in a while to share their likes and dislikes about the program. And things that have helped or hindered their progress. I'm also hoping to post before and after pictures too!! :noway:
  • tigermom12
    Options
    I will join too! I downloaded the video on Amazon today. So we do the video everyday for 30 days? Sorry, I haven't read anything about it yet. :(
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    @tigermom12 - everyone goes through the program differently. I have yet to finish it or even make it past level 1 so I can't speak from experience. But I've heard some people run through the whole thing in 30 days. Other people have given themselves rest days. However, I have also heard that Jillian recommends rest days also. I need to look into it a little more also but please feel free to share what you find.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS today (day1). I gave birth to my third baby 3 weeks ago. I am 5"2 weighing 146 lbs. my goal is 115. I am 31. You can do it! Surprisingly today wasn't as hard as I remember it being a year ago but wait till those muscles are super sore! I am breastfeeding so I am consuming 1500 calories a day.

are you eating back exercise cals on top of that? Being that your baby is 3 weeks old, the last thing you want to do is eat at too much of a deficit and negatively impact the fat and nutrients that your baby is getting from your milk.

not being all judgy, just concerned.
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Didn't get my workout in yesterday because I was out late for a birthday dinner. Then had to be up early for a termite inspection except I ended up leaving before the guy showed up because he was at least 30 minutes late. Hoping to get started tonight if not tomorrow for sure. How is everyone else doing?
  • Antoine112
    Antoine112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just completed day 9 of level 1. Today I increased the weights from 1kg to the 2kg dumbells. Hoping that I wouldn't feel sore tomorrow. Since it's only a 20 minute workout and I don't often get the chance to go to the gym.... Thought I'll continue without any rest days. I feel good when I don't miss a day's workout.
    My weight has stayed the same but my jeans fit comfortably now..( less of a muffin top as well) I hope I can drop a few pounds at the end of the 30 days. Good luck to all those who signed up for the challenge! No pain.. No gain .. Right?
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    After working (and sweating) around the house all day yesterday, I really wasn't sure if I was going to be able to have enough energy to power through 30DS last night but I did it!! :noway: I probably "phoned it in" a little but it was much better than the alternate of just sitting on the couch. Although after getting about 4 hours of sleep last night, I think my body needs some rest. So hoping to get in a good night's sleep tonight so that I can hit hard tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing?