Edible makeshift pumpkin pie...

Options
_noob_
_noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
1 can of Libby's Pure Pumpkin, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 4 tbls. splenda granular (I've tried aspartame and stevia, but they suck).

You can microwave it, or if you're lazy like me just eat it cold. Totally not bad.

Pumpkin is loaded with micronutrients and fiber.

Replies

• TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Where is the crust?

Where is the whipped cream?
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I only eat my version of clean and skip the empty calories
  • malena126
    malena126 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy! i think i have a can of pumpkin too!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Where is the crust?

Use a graham cracker as a dip??????
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Where is the crust?

Use a graham cracker as a dip??????

Cliff has all the answers :heart:
  • tattedlady75
    tattedlady75 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. I have a couple small cans laying around the house too. Might have to try with some triscuits. Here's an idea, may or may not work, add a bit of soy milk whip it up and freeze. Pumpkin pie ice cream. Ya definitely worth a try.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I make individual pieces with 1/2 cup pumpkin and 1/4 cup egg whites. It's pretty good! Throw in 2 tablespoons of special dark cocoa powder and it takes like chocolate cake! (I also put stevia and vanilla extract in mine)
  • Annieway987
    Annieway987 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just follow the pumpkin pie recipe on the can of pumpkin (use canned pumpkin, not canned pumpkin pie filling - that has other stuff in it). Substitute Splenda for the sugar if you want. Or use maple syrup - won't save calories but some people think it's healthier than sugar or splenda. The recipe usually includes evaporated milk and eggs. Use non-fat evaporated milk.

Instead of baking in a pie shell, bake in little custard cups. You'll probably have to reduce the baking time a little.

Exactly like pumpkin pie minus the crust and fat. And it has some protein from the milk and eggs. Sometimes I make this and have it for breakfast.
  • SaraLupin
    Options
    Bump!! Fall is coming, and I'll need my pumpkin fix!!
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing. My problem is that, unlike most people, I luuuuuv the crust the most. But this sounds like a really good and much healthier pumpkin pie fix.