SKINNY FIBER....Negatives?

Options

Replies

• BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with regular fiber? Why does it need to be skinny?
  • katemusso
    katemusso Posts: 3
    Options
    I am not a distributor. I am just a regular Skinny Fiber user and I have to say that it is fabulous! I have had my cravings reduced, better sleep, wonderful intestinal benefits, and weight loss. There is more to Skinny Fiber than just "fiber". There is a whole proprietary blend that is beneficial to your health. It peaked my interest because it contains bromelain which is an amazing anti-inflammatory (I have bilateral shoulder injuries). Try it. As for worries about regulation by the FDA, natural ingredients aren't. You can look the ingredients up in a homeopathic pharmacopoeia and see what the uses are for each ingredient. There are potential interactions with medication (very few though) so if you take pharmaceutical drugs you should always check with your doc first. As for negative effects, I haven't had any (and I am extremely sensitive). The only not so pleasant part was the first few days. I felt a bit bloated and had some frequent stools. By day 3 I felt great. By day 30 I felt amazing!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    So many 1st posts make this product awesome!

I noticed all the 1st post people oddly come out of the woodwork too. Most know each other I'm guessing elsewhere and all come here to promote it.
  • CandelLife
    CandelLife Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Bottom line, some people will tell you they love it and others will be against it. What it comes down to is paying an enormous price for something you could buy cheaper, either by getting fiber from actual food or trying Metamucil or similar products instead. SF is $180.00 for three bottles, plus get three free from buying them. Metamucil is like $12.50 per bottle, so under $40 for the same amount. Or, of course, just incorporate the foods into your diet that give you the extra fiber.

You should be aware of how all the extra fiber affects your body as well, it can really tear your stomach up big time. I suggest if you're going to try it, try a cheaper version first to see if you can handle it.
  • katemusso
    Options
    If you're just looking for more fiber in your diet, eat more fruits and veggies. Increase water intake. Use fiber supplements if you want. It will be cheaper that route. Skinny Fiber has a misleading name in the sense that people think its a fiber supplement. It's not. I also want to say that I just offered my experience and answered the question posted to the best of my knowledge and experience. Not every product works for every person and the original question asked for any negative side effects. I answered the question. There was no need for people to be rude.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I take Skinny Fiber,I have had no problems, it is safe and natural and comes with a money back ,if you don't like it.
  • leeshadanine
    Options
    The difference is that people do not eat healthy and DEFINATELY do not eat enough fibre. This pill really works, it helps suppress appetite and we all know people eat too much these days!

I am a nutritionist and I love trying new supplements. I found the glucomannan really helps to keep you feeling full. I also decided to sign up as a distributor so I can help people lose weight sensibly and direct people on what type of diet to use with it. Ive helped hundreds of people lose weight throughout my career and I found skinny fiber to be one of the best supplements so far. If your thinking of trying it you can go to my website directly.
  • katemusso
    Options
    And what "agenda" do I have? The all famous "opinion agenda"? Give me a break! Do you see me posting links to a website to sell anything? No. Once again, I'm not a distributor. I am simply a person that hit a plateau with my weight loss and tried a product and liked it. Thats it!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you're just looking for more fiber in your diet, eat more fruits and veggies. Increase water intake. Use fiber supplements if you want. It will be cheaper that route. Skinny Fiber has a misleading name in the sense that people think its a fiber supplement. It's not. I also want to say that I just offered my experience and answered the question posted to the best of my knowledge and experience. Not every product works for every person and the original question asked for any negative side effects. I answered the question. There was no need for people to be rude.

I think the issue that people is this is just like any other supplement. Beings an appetite suppressant, it provides no more benefit than any other supplement. And do you plan on being on this supplement the rest of your life, or would it be better to learn how to eat well and learn how to be full. Heck, if you exercise and eat whole foods, it's easy to be full on 1700-2100 calories which is the amount of calories the average women I know is eating and losing. I think one of the biggest issue that new comers have, is they think they have to do huge cuts in calories to lose, or they try to get too aggressive. But the fact is, skinny fiber will not make you lose any more fat than just a standard diet.

If you really want to see if there is benefits, you have to break down all the ingredients and look at studies of each of them but you have to ensure the amounts are equivalent in the supplement as it is compared to the study.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Eat your fruits and veggies instead :tongue:

Beans too the musical fruit. Curious why one would doubt the FDA but trust a company selling unregulated pills?

I know, I am mind-blown by the logic in that one.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Products like this have been around since the 1960's, when I was a kid. If they really worked, there wouldn't be any fat people today.
  • CandelLife
    CandelLife Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The problem I see with SF is the people posting about taking this instead of exercising or eating a healthy diet. They're looking for the "magic pill" and doling out the dollars to get it. Lifestyle changes are what's needed. Eating right and getting some type of exercise.
  • sendejas09
    Options
    do u need a juicer for this and how many times a day do u drink it?
  • echelonokie
    Options
    I've been more than a little curious on SF after seeing post after post about it on my FB account. Some of the images look VERY real, some look a bit too good to be true.

My huge concern with it was when I contacted one of the distributors and asked about ingredients, I was basically given a stock answer when I asked how it "differs from regular fiber". I do know it has other supplements in it, and some are extremely good for inflammation.

To those saying "trust the FDA" they haven't approved this. This is the SAME office that approves things that it's found out has WAY more side effects than any problem the medicine could cure. Sure, you'll not have nail fungus, but your liver will fall out of your naval. -.-

For those saying "get your fiber naturally", that's great if you can choke down that much green. And the mixes? That's easier said than done because if you have IBS, taking stuff like psylium can cause horrible bloating and pain.

I found this and thought it might help :)

http://skinnyfiberdiet.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Skinny-Fiber-Product-Label.jpg
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Products like this have been around since the 1960's, when I was a kid. If they really worked, there wouldn't be any fat people today.

This. Really, this. I think between my grandma and my aunts (all overweight) they have tried probably EVERY diet pill, exercise fad, crash diet, celebrity diet, etc. And guess what....they are still fat.
    It really is all about calorie reduction, eating better, and exercise.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I've been more than a little curious on SF after seeing post after post about it on my FB account. Some of the images look VERY real, some look a bit too good to be true.

My huge concern with it was when I contacted one of the distributors and asked about ingredients, I was basically given a stock answer when I asked how it "differs from regular fiber". I do know it has other supplements in it, and some are extremely good for inflammation.

To those saying "trust the FDA" they haven't approved this. This is the SAME office that approves things that it's found out has WAY more side effects than any problem the medicine could cure. Sure, you'll not have nail fungus, but your liver will fall out of your naval. -.-

For those saying "get your fiber naturally", that's great if you can choke down that much green. And the mixes? That's easier said than done because if you have IBS, taking stuff like psylium can cause horrible bloating and pain.

I found this and thought it might help :)

http://skinnyfiberdiet.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Skinny-Fiber-Product-Label.jpg

It says if you are taking any medications or have medical conditions to consult your doctor before use as well. I know everything has that to cover their butts, but if you have IBS it might not be a bad idea.
  • eileent01
    Options
    After reading about skinny fiber on Facebook for weeks I finally broke down and bought it. I placed my order over two weeks ago I still have not received it. I will honestly let you know how I am doing on it.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Seriously, where are all these first post newbies coming from? Did the distributor suddenly make a bunch of new profiles just to promote her product?

AHA! There is the distributor!
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    block 20-30% of all calories eaten from being absorbed by the body...
    suppresses appetite and help you eat less while still feeling satisfied – it expands 50 TIMES its size in your belly when you drink your water!

That alone doesn't sound safe to me.
    Some individuals may notice increased bowel movements and gas at first due to the increase in fiber and detoxifying effect on the body depending on the state of their digestive health when they start taking Skinny Fiber.

That's to only side effects I see.
    And taking a look at the ingredients it looks like it's mostly just fiber. Which makes sense. I would suggest just increasing your own fiber, with veggies and the like. If you do decide to get this product, just be sure not to buy it from Amazon. I came across a couple of warnings that the pills from amazon are fake.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have read for days about the positives of this pill & have yet to come across anything negative.
    Anyone have a negative experience? Side effects? etc?

Im seriously considering this product (Just to try, not long term) BUT being the type of person I am, I dont take anything without ALL the facts. I wont even take vitamins cause Im scared of future side effects not discovered yet :/

I've never heard of it, but if it is JUST fiber, then it's unlikely to do much harm as long as you are eating a healthy diet and drinking plenty of water. Too much fiber with too little water can cause big problems!

But I'm curious how you expect to find enough information to feel safe taking this supplement, when you don't feel comfortable taking vitamins. Vitamins have been researched fairly extensively and there is plenty of long term use. If ten dozen MFP users tell you they lost weight taking it, that would tell you nothing at all about it's long term affects.
This discussion has been closed.