Stay at home mom HEROES!

Options
I just wanted to say kudos to all you stay-at-home moms (and dads) that stick to your diets despite all the temptations around you. I live alone so I can control what I buy and cook, but I go NUTS at restaurants and they usually catch me doing the back-stroke in the salad bar. I cannot even begin to comprehend what it must be like to stay focused on a diet in a realm of endlessly flowing cool-aid/pop, donuts piled high, half eaten burgers, pails of cookies and ice-cream bars in the freezer. You must all feel like ex-alcoholics locked in a brewery over night. :drinker:

If there's a war, I want you all in my trench.

Replies

• victorbicycle
    victorbicycle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You had me at Rocky Horror Picture Show! I'm a stay-home mom, and it's not that hard for me, because now I don't have to hide my chocolate stash from my son! Thanks for the appreciates, though! This is my first post!:smile:
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :):flowerforyou:

I have a teenage son with a bottomless pit for a stomach, so it's a constant flow of pizza, full fat hot dogs, chips (not too often, but enough,) McDonald's, etc. (Before I get ragged on for feeding my son these things, note that I've posted about his eating disorder before.) Plus, I'm back on the vegetarian bandwagon (for my own health,) and the other night he's all happy, "Mom, you've got to try this pepperoni! It's sooooo goood!" :cry:

Tomorrow I have to take him to a competition. What are the only places to eat nearby? Burger King (which I won't touch,) and a pizza place (which I don't want to touch.) I packed by own food, but the pizza will be hard to resist. (I already had my splurge this week with tater tots.)

Then there's hub who just brought home more ice cream (for himself) and I'm trying to avoid it for now. :sad: I don't want to fit it into my macros. There are other things I'd rather have instead. The temptation though!

Sorry for the ramble. Thanks again for the thread. I'm glad someone understands. :flowerforyou:
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Imo, losing weight, raising a family or both is expected, therefore not heroic
  • kbtommi
    kbtommi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say kudos to all you stay-at-home moms (and dads) that stick to your diets despite all the temptations around you. I live alone so I can control what I buy and cook, but I go NUTS at restaurants and they usually catch me doing the back-stroke in the salad bar. I cannot even begin to comprehend what it must be like to stay focused on a diet in a realm of endlessly flowing cool-aid/pop, donuts piled high, half eaten burgers, pails of cookies and ice-cream bars in the freezer. You must all feel like ex-alcoholics locked in a brewery over night. :drinker:

If there's a war, I want you all in my trench.

:bigsmile: :drinker: :love: Thanks...if there was an applaud emote I would add that too. :laugh: All too often SAHM (and dads) are put down, so thanks for the words of appreciation! :flowerforyou:
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Awe...thanks for this! It is hard! I think about food all-day-long! And there is a chocolate stash for kids in the cupboard always calling my name! You are awesome for putting this out there~
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Imo, losing weight, raising a family or both is expected, therefore not heroic

UM...NO. Most moms do it all...yes...we are HEROS. Now go hug your mom.
  • KathreneW
    KathreneW Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That is so nice!