Good Low-Carb Chicken Recipes!

Raina0512
Raina0512 Posts: 216
edited September 21 in Recipes
I NEED YOURS! :happy:

I mainly cook with boneless/skinless chicken breasts/tenderloins...

Lets hear your favorite recipe(s)!

Replies

• pound them out and add misc. veggies, one wedge of laughing cow cheese, maybe some lite ham then roll it up sprinkle with seasoned breadcrumbs a spray of EVOO place in aluminum foil wrap and bake. YUMMY : P
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    haha add an ounce of cheese, slice of bacon, and as many mushrooms as you would like. Bake in oven with some lightly drizzled olive oil asparagus on the side. One of my favorites!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    haha add all of those things to the chicken!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I'm vegetarian now, but when I wasn't, I made up this fantastic marinade (great on chicken and steak equally):

Olive oil
    Worcestershire sauce
    Soy sauce
    Red wine vinegar
    Parsley
    Oregano
    Thyme
    Garlic
    Basil

It's best marinated overnight, but a few hours will work. You can bake it several ways: Just the naked chicken (350, 40 minutes); chop up some veggies and lay the chicken on top and bake; grill it; add veggies and cheese; add just cheese (parmesan, romano, mozzarella).
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    I put either no sugar added apple sauce or sugar free apricot jam on the chicken breast and bake it in a roaster for 20 minutes.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Tonight I had a really yummy dinner, very low carb...

Romaine lettuce chopped with grated cheese, chopped onions and caesar sauce over top, then cooked chicken breast chunks in little bit of butter, seasoned with white pepper and salt, last 5 minutes of the cooking I added some cut pepperoni slices to the pan and cooked them too, and re heated some pre cooked bacon - cut into strips - in there too.
    Drained fat off the bacon and pepperoni then placed on the salad, and then chicken on top.
    Was sooo yummy!!!

I'm doing Atkins at the moment to butter and frying is allowed... for now!!
    Enjoy it while it lasts I say!! :drinker:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Low cal italian dressing makes a great marinade. Filet the breasts, marinade half an hour or more, then grill. Yummmmy! Makes great sandwiches and wraps too! Or throw in a salad.
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    I mainly cook with boneless chicken breasts too.

Here's what I had tonight: Chicken over Fruit Salad

I try to marinade the chicken when I get up by putting it into a baggie with some olive oil and whatever spices I'm going to use. For this I used cinnamon, allspice, sage and some marjoram leaves - just tried to throw together sweet and fresh tasting spices.

Cut chicken into small strips/pieces, and stick them in a pan with a bit of olive oil to cook (flipping when appropriate and adding more seasoning if you like). While chicken's cooking, cut up a few strawberries and put them together with a handful of blueberries, half a can of mandarin oranges, and spinach (or lettuce). Add chicken to the salad once it's done. A light or sweet salad dressing would go really well - I usually just put some of the mandarin orange syrup over it.

Hope you like it! I haven't made anyone try mine yet :wink:
This discussion has been closed.