Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Coconut water

13»

Replies

43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Idk if anyone mentioned it but Zico is decent w/a lot of varieties.
    I like the plain/chocolate/pineapple but I know they also carry
    mango and I think a berry one too.
  • maryhannold
    maryhannold Posts: 37 Member
    I use the Zico brand, pure unflavored in my smoothies. ????
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    I can't drink it either.
    It tastes terrible.

a friend described the taste as "watered down jizz"

I saw a comedian once say that it tasted like ball sweat.
  • gracekelli
    gracekelli Posts: 26 Member
    I tried it...I think at a Costco vendor sample station....OMG I almost yakked right there. SO disgusting.
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Evolution Fresh pineapple coconut water is really good.
  • FRESH IS BEST! I used to have to go to Whole Foods or the Asian market to find young coconuts (the kind the water comes from, I don't know how to post pictures here, so Google "young coconut" to see what they look like, note that they are not the brown mature ones) but now pretty much any large supermarket with a decent produce department carries them. Go on YouTube and watch a video on how to crack them open with out losing any of the water ... the meat inside is pretty good too, it's like coconut jelly(you can even drill a hole in one and stick a straw in it).

yes!!! The best is "coco fresco" from the little hispanic man near me. He keeps a cooler full of cold ones and just cracks it open and you sip. After you finish, he will cut it into a bunch of smaller pieces to eat later with lemon and chile powder. Soooo yummy!
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    ECOS is good, but you cannot find it from the shop, you need to buy it online. I use it in smoothies with frozen fruits, yummy and all good stuff in there :)
  • I know :( coconut water is nasty. I tried it and wanted to puke. I love coconut milk/creamer/yogurt. Delicious. Coconut water is very scary
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    I don't like it straight but I use it as a base for smoothies.
  • Speazzy
    Speazzy Posts: 79 Member
    Hmmm, the description of warm pee & hot dog water really doesn't sound too appealing. Thank god I read this! I literally just bought some yesterday. Thanks for saving me the embarrassment from the face I would've been making!
  • bigcle82
    bigcle82 Posts: 134 Member
    Never tried the pure coconut water put the ones with flavor was not that bad. Like pineapple and mango.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    I too have it for potassium. I usually have the one right from the the coconut itself instead of from the juice from store package though. I have tried those that is already pack in some package and its taste is disappointing. Fresh young coconut water is better,IMO.
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    About 6 years ago I tried it and literally did a spit take. But my taste buds chSometimes they do every 7 years or so) and now I can't get enough of it. I like all of them except chocolate, but that's because I've never tried it. I love the pure and the flavors, and it's hgj in magnesium and potassium which is awesome for me since diabetics tend to run low on both of those. I make a lot of natural vitamin water as well, using different fruits veggies and herbs. Sometimes I just get tired of the taste of regular water, but know Ioobviously need to stay hydrated. Just my opinion. :-)
  • nailasmomma
    nailasmomma Posts: 16 Member
    la la la love coconut water. you have to get "baby coconuts" from asian or health food stores. they are easy to cut (basically cut the top off and then drill a hole in the "soft spot" with like a scissor..and then turn upside down to get the water out. you can strain it too cause sometimes it will have stuff in it.

but you have to have it chilled. so buy it, put it in the fridge, then have it.
  • nailasmomma
    nailasmomma Posts: 16 Member
    there aren't that many good tasting "ready-made" coconut waters. the stuff you get in cans sucks compared to the real thing. i've only found a few can brands that are good but can never find it in "bulk".
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    so expensive and overrated.