Confused! I think I might be pregnant. Negative tests.

I'm wondering if I could be pregnant? I feel like I'm going slightly mad....
My last period started the 21st of June. So I'm at least 10 days late? I'm usually clockwork.
I'm bloated
My breasts are tender and my fiance noted that the nipples are darker
I look like a teenager thanks to awesome pimples
I am exhausted. I can not get enough sleep despite having average sleeping hours.
I feel like crying at little things.
Ohh my fiance has told me I am being a bit needy at the moment and I need a lot of reassurance.
I've been having some crazy headaches the last two weeks.

I've done four pregnancy tests over the past ten days and they've all been negative. I haven't done one first thing in the morning yet - I'm impatient and can't wait for that. I feel like there's no way I could be pregnant due to the negative test but why is it so late? I just wish I could find out either way!

I did go to the GP today and we're going to do a blood test on Monday. He indicated there could be other reasons my period is late - stress? But I'm not feeling any more stressed than usual?

Any advice/stories would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Replies

• kage5678
    kage5678 Posts: 29 Member
    All those symptoms do sound very much like you could be pregnant. I have heard plenty of stories of people not getting a positive test until they are much further along. A blood test from the doctor will answer the question conclusively. An ovarian cyst could also muck your hormones up a bit and make you late, or stress, or lots of exercise. Good luck, I hope you get the outcome you want, whichever that is :)
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    At 10 days late, it's highly unlikely it wouldn't show up on a test if you were pregnant. As for stress: a pregnancy scare is stressful (even if it's excitement I stress).
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Thanks for the feedback.

We've not ben actively trying to get pregnant. We also haven't been trying to prevent it.

I kind of thought ten days late the test should be coming up positive so it's probably negative.

Now that the idea has been put in my head I will be slightly disappointed with a negative result... Just have to keep waiting I guess.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    PMS?
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    If you were pregnant then the test would be positive by now.
  • Kai85
    PMS?

Maybe? I usually have pretty severe PMS and it's quite different to how I'm feeling at the moment.

Again I thought the 10 day over thing is weird. Maybe my period is just around the corner :)
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    hmmm... Are you on Birth Control? Have you changed it recently?
  • Kai85
    I haven't used hormonal birth control since 2009.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    The majority of those are stress related issues. Now, some aren't! But, I usually miss my period when I'm stressed. Everyone is different. No one on here can tell you if you're pregnant. Only the dr can! Good luck.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member

There are cases where people don't test positive for a couple months so don't rule it out yet.
  • Kai85
    I really wanted the doctor to tell me today but I have to wait for the tests on Monday. I'm fine either way. I'm just impatient I guess :)
  • Kai85

There are cases where people don't test positive for a couple months so don't rule it out yet.

That's probably why I'm still considering it! My work colleague told me last week that her pregnancy didn't come up on the home pregnancy tests until 15 weeks plus where she had the doctor test done at 8 weeks. If I hadn't known that I would definitely think there was no chance I was pregnant!
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    I had the same thing happen to me last year... but found I had an ovarian cyst mass causing all my problems and hormonal issues. Not saying that is wrong with you but it was something I don't want to go through again.
  • Kai85
    I had the same thing happen to me last year... but found I had an ovarian cyst mass causing all my problems and hormonal issues. Not saying that is wrong with you but it was something I don't want to go through again.

Sorry that this happened for you! Interesting that the symptoms match up hey. Something to keep in mind.
  • Wow I just went through this myself,I was 8 days late same symptoms,my period finally started.
    I am attributing it dieting and increased exercise.
    Hope it isn't something serious for you.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Taking 4 pregnancy tests is a definite sign of 'out of the ordinary' stress. ;)
  • i think most of the symptoms could also be attributed to loosing weight too quickly and not eating/ drinking enough. make sure you review your diet and workout habits aswell, dont just focus on pregnancy as the one and only conclusion.

in either case i hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Weight changes can mess with your cycle. I was speaking to a doctor one day (not mine, she's in the fitness class I go to) and she says as little as 10lbs lost can change things up.
  • Kai85
    At least two of the tests have probably been "just water"....

I'm feeling rather silly now :)

I lost most of my weight about a year and a half ago and have been maintaining since then. Reduced exercise levels in the last week.

I'm pretty good at assessing my stress levels.. kind of comes with the job (I'm a psychologist). Mine are definitely normallish at the moment. There have been times when my stress levels have been crazy high and it's never mucked up my cycle.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    When I got pregnant with my daughter I had all the symptoms but negative tests. I did tests from the day i should have been due but it was not until i was 7 weeks pregnant I finally got a positive.

When it came to a dating scan I was not as far as long as I should have been according to my period but what they though is that I ovulate later than normal in my cycle.