Turbo Jam 8/24

Options

Replies

• leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, well I just did CP for the first time, and it is not a favorite for me right now. It's not too, too bad, she just moves a little too fast & I get lost on what I am suppose to do, especially the part on the squats. sheesh. I see that it is on the schedule a lot, so I am assuming I will learn the moves.

-Daisy, that is great you're doing the advanced schedule. I am going to do that next month, so I can get at east 2 months worth of workout from the DVD's right now, because I get bored easily. Has anyone used their sculpting gloves yet? I am going to use mines next month.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello all

So I was brave and moved on to the 20min workout :wink: And i did enjoy it! I did struggle with a couple of moves as they were new to me and it was faster then just the Burn. Oh well I am moving and that is what matters. Wonder what CP will be like for me then after reading Leesey's post! I think you are more advanced than me. I'll probably do the 20min one for the next couple of days and then try CP so I am ready to start the schedule on Monday.

I haven't got the gloves but I think I might buy some once I feel a little more confident and when it becomes easier to do. How heavy are they?

One thing I love about TJ is that it really does have the fun factor. I really didn't think that I would feel like that! Towards the end of the exercise I caught myself with a big fat smile on my face and just having fun...Great!!

I am not so good though in being in the tuck position all the time...how about you ladies? Just don't want to miss out :smile:

Also I think it might be doing something to my back. I think I have to make sure to stay more straight but I think it is actuallly training my back muscles...is that possible?.

And how about the Ab routine? I haven't tried it yet...what is your experience with that?

Well loads of questions today..hope you don't mind.

Bedtime now so night night everyone :smile:
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Daisy, Leslie Sansone has a line of workouts called Walk At Home. It's basically power walking, though you move your whole body through kicks, knee lifts, and moving side to side. I love it, and have several of her dvd's. You def get a workout and are sweating and tired by the end, and it's a nice change to something of higher impact. You can choose how long you walk, from one mile, to 3 or 5. Google her and you'll see what I mean.

I was bad today and did not get a work out in. I was so frustrated too, because I spent time tanning, enjoying what's left of the nice weather, and then went on this odyssey to find artichokes for something I read on Hungry Girl.com.. Apparently these things are hard to find. 2 stores and I came up with everything else I needed, but no artichokes! :angry: I did watch the calories though, and ended up just under!

Leesey, I haven't used the gloves yet, and am going to wait til next month, like someone had mentioned earlier.

Back in gear tomorrow! I joined a group last night, so I have weigh-ins on Mondays. I know I need the accountability. Hope everyone is having a good week :flowerforyou:
  • leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Daisy, I haven't tried working out with them, but the gloves aren't that heavy. The ab jam is not difficult, It is very hardcore on the abs, and I can tell that I am working on the tummy, even though I am not out of breath or anything. I have to remind myself to "tuck" after the first day of 20 minutes my back and such was sore, but it eventually went away. I am liking it so far, well except CP. haha, & Daisy there is nothing wrong with the questions that is why we are here, to help and talk about TJ. One of the main reasons I am motivated to work out is so I can come and talk about it on this thread! :wink:
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Thanks a lot Allie and Leesey!!!! I will check out those DVD's I am intrigued!

I look forward to coming on here and posting about TJ. I was a little naughty today...didn't do anything. I am not making up excuses as I would have had the time but I spent to much time doing other things so run out of time. I was looking forward to it and felt disapointed that I didn't. Tomorrow is a new day!!

Have agood night ladies!

Daisy
  • allie7383
    Options
    haha leesey i feel the same way about loggin in and talking about TJ.. it's like discussing shows on tv, and i get so mad when i love one that no one else watches! today i made up for not doing anything yesterday, and did ab jam and the 20 min... rested during the day, then later on did CP.. and i have to say, after doing it a second time, i'm on page with u guys..def not my fave, esp those squats!! when i ordered it from the beachbody website, i went nuts i guess and did the upgrade, so i got an additonal 5 dvd's including CP remix 2 and 3.. my calendar says CP for the next workout so i think i'm gonna do CP2. i'm def a bit sore now, but it was worth it, even now when i move my abs they burn.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hi Ladies

How are you doing? I hope all is ging well!

I started my Turbo Jam advanced schedule today. I did the 20min workout as a start. I haven't yet tried CP. I think that comes on Wednesday. I'll see how I like it.
    I am really excited to start and I hope so much that I will see weight loss!

I wish you a good week!

All the best

Daisy
  • Daisy80
    Options
    So today I had CP for the first time. I did struggle with quite a few moves as they were new! But boy did i break a sweat. It was amazing. I felt so worked out. I did enjoy it and it will be a motivation to trying to master the moves. Half way through the first week and i love it!

Anybody else still doing it?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    If you're interested in Turbo Jam or the new Turbo Fire my husband is an independent Beachbody coach. You can purchase all Beachbody programs and supplements at www.teamwalkerfitness.com
  • allie7383
    Options
    hey Daisy! yep i'm still on the schedule. I missed one day last week, but went for a walk so at least i got some exercise in. i'm def. feeling a lot more enegetic and on the note of small victories.. I went for a walk the other day and decided to start jogging, and ended up finishing a mile! then the next day i did 1.5 miles! never did that long before, i was so proud of myself!!

tonight at work, i've already been given attitude by 2 jerky people and i haven't even been here for 3 hours... on the plus side i was told by 2 people that i looked great, and they noticed that i lost weight, which was very motivating.

hope everyone's doing well!!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hey Allie

Wow that is great!!! It is good cardio. And I just find it strange how much I enjoy it. I feel really happy working out....

I don't know what you do for work but don't listen to any idiots!! Listen to the nice people! It is so nice to be told that you have lost weight. I think it might be still a little off for me but I can't wait for people to notice. Just makes you feel proud and you know that you're doing it right! Keep it up misses :smile:

Week one will be over in now time. I think I might still do the 20min workout on Saturday and then see how i feel on Sunday. I will not be able to exercise next friday as my boyfriend and me are going away over the weekend and it is a really early start. Who knows maybe I can squeeze in the 20min one before we leave....

For how long are you doing it now?

Take care

Daisy
  • allie7383
    Options
    Hey Daisy, I work in a hospital lab/blood bank, so I have to listen to people complaining about every little thing sometimes lol..

It's always good when someone else tells you, b/c you see yourself every day and won't notice as much, well at least I don't. They'll notice the inches, even if the scale hasn't moved much. I think one of the hardest things is to have patience with everything, and realize things won't happen overnight. This has been a big obstacle for me in the past.

I love the 20 min workout! It's so perfect for a limited amount of time, and I really feel like it goes by quickly. Even with the shorter time i'm still sweating and feel worked-out. This is the middle of week 3 for me. Tomorrow I'm doing turbo sculpt for the first time, so we'll seee how that goes! Yesterday I did AbJam and wow did I feel it today during CP2..and hours later I still feel it. Maybe it's just me, but I think I can start to feel my midsection very very slightly taking on a change. The cross-punches and knee lifts really do it for me..

How are you progressing? Glad you're feeling good about working out!

-Allie
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hi Allie

How are you getting on? I haven't been wroking out on Saturday and Sunday but I did sort out the spare room and that really was a workout!

And I have been naughty. Didn't exercise yesterday! I feel bad. I just planned time badly! But today I am back :smile:

I did Ab Jam for the first time. That was pretty tough but I enjoyed it. Le'ts see how my abs feel tomorrow :smile:

How was Turbo Scuplt? I am really curious? I still have a week to go before I start on it.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day. A bit nervous as I wasn't as god as I Would have liked to but nevermind!

Hope you're doung great!

Take care

Daisy
  • jtapp9
    jtapp9 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi all :smile: I have the original Turbo Jam dvd's and love the workouts! I am hoping to add in some of the advanced dvd's soon. I'm scoping out ebay!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    I live in the UK and I cannot get any others than the first one here. I would love to buy more though. I might invest in a multi region DVD player so I can buy more of the Beachbody workouts. I really don't understand why they don't cover the UK market...
  • allie7383
    Options
    Hey Daisy! I'm doing ok.. I love Ab jam! it's def a little challenging, but you will feel it tomorrow for sure! I only got through about 10 minutes of Turbo Sculpt lol. I started with 5lb weights, and they were way too heavy, so I stopped. I wasn't really enjoying it without using anything, though they say you don't need weights at all. Maybe i'll try it again with the weighted gloves? Tomorrow I'm going to try the punch and kick one..
    I was bad on the weekend as well lol.. No exercise sat, and then on sun I went to a friend's house for the True Blood finale and had party food..and that was after having KFC! ugh! Yeah I noticed the damage on the scale the next morning. Fortunately after a couple days of getting exercise back in, I'm back on track.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Oh yes I can feel it today but I love it!!
    I was wondering about the weights. I don't have any dumbbells. I have been using 1litre water bottles when I was doing the 30 day shred. I think I'll try that again and if it is too light I'll upgrade to 1.5litres :smile:

My arms are really weak. I see how i get on and might buy a set.. Could you use resistance bands for it? I want to buy some anyway as I want to do Slim in 6 and in the beginning of the new year I want to do Chalean Extreme. Have you any experience with those?

Cardio Party today for me. I am a bit hesitant as last time I did it first thing in the morning and was really weak so I didn't feel to great afterwards. Today will be better hopefully!

Have a good day!
  • carlita231
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Absolutely love turbo jam. Bought the DVD's a few years ago and just started them up again in Aug... Did Cardio Party 1 tonight..always feel so accomplished after i am done! :-)
  • allie7383
    Options
    much agreed carlita! i def feel accomplished after a TJ workout, and also rather tired and very very sweaty lol.

daisy, that's a good idea with the water bottles. i should try that, as i have several bottles in the house now.
    I did the kick and punch dvd today, with the gloves..boy what a workout lol. there's more repititon of moves, which she tells you in the beginning, so it's a tad different than the others. i wasn't too excited about the turbo section, and also, when there's about 15 min left on the clock, you do this cooldown with capoeira moves, which i didn't really like, and felt kinda uncoordinated doing. i would've much rather have done the other finale and finesse moves from CP and other workouts. the last 8 or so min you use the resistance band, but i skipped that part. i was done by then lol. i'm a day or so off schedule so i'm kinda doing things my own way this last week, but hopefully i'll get back into it and start the advanced month next week. i'm off of work, and am not going anywhere so i'll have nooooo excuse not to work out!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hi

I haven't been working out yesterday and so i did both today CP in the am and the 20min and Ab Jam in the pm. I felt pretty good I have to say! I am going over the weekend with an early start tomorrow but I will squeeze in the 20min workout before i go as it will be a weekend of drink and food...

I don't have all the DVD's you have. It is really annoying that the chioce is so limited in the UK. I could only buy the first set of DVD's with CP1 etc. I wish Beachbody would cover the UK market too. I will keep looking on ebay etc though!

Overall I am still loving TJ! I feel as well as you said so good after finishing it! It is such a great workout!

Have a good weekend!

Daisy