P90X -- A Slower Start to get me ready!

Options
I've completed phase 1 of P90X, but that was MONTHES ago! I am really out of shape again and now I want to get back into it. I know that I will get sore-beyond-help or injured if I just dive right into it again, so I'm beginning it at a slower pace.

I'm doing the lean program, but giving myself 2 weeks of "Warm-up/Recovery"

My first week is going to be a modified recovery week:
Day 1 – X Stretch
Day 2 – Core Synergistics
Day 3 – Kenpo X
Day 4 – Yoga X
Day 5 – Cardio X
Day 6 – X Stretch
Day 7 – Rest

My second week is going to be the regular recovery week for the Lean Program:

Day 1 – Yoga X
Day 2 – Core Synergistics
Day 3 – Kenpo X
Day 4 – X Stretch
Day 5 – Cardio X
Day 6 – Yoga X
Day 7 – X Stretch or Rest

And then my third week, I will start "Week 1" of the Lean Program and so on.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea? I'm doing this so that I don't get discouraged right off the bat! I welcome any other suggestions!! Thanks, Sarah.

Replies

• robm007
    Options
    Personally, I find plyometrics easier than core synergistics...

Also, I have tried the P90X recovery drink this time around and noticed that i was not as sore as last time.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Which did you do last time? Lean or classic?

I don't think it is a bad idea at all. You are doing some extra cardio in the lean than the classic which will help you drop a few pounds (hopefully!) then get you into it.

Also, a creatine mix or protein drink after DOES help reduce the soreness. But, I tend to like the soreness makes me feel like I am working it. ;)
  • pinktreehands
    Options
    Core Synergistics is a butt-kicker for sure! I think that it will better prepare me for the full program when I start on week 3, just because it is in the lean program and plyo isn't... But I will definitely keep that in mind, in case it gets to be too much! Thanks!
  • pinktreehands
    Options
    I did the lean program last time. And what is the difference (as far as how it effects the body) between a creatine supplement and a protein shake?

Thanks!
  • robm007
    Options
    Creatine should be taken about 30-45 minutes before a workout... It will give ur muscles energy for a workout.. Extra pump. Also I beleive it will help with soreness.

Protein (whey) will feed the muscle after a workout. More of a recovery drink.
  • pinktreehands
    Options
    Creatine should be taken about 30-45 minutes before a workout... It will give ur muscles energy for a workout.. Extra pump. Also I beleive it will help with soreness.

Protein (whey) will feed the muscle after a workout. More of a recovery drink.

Thank you for the clarification! Also, does soy protein do the same as whey or not?
  • pinktreehands
    Options
    Thank you for the article!