Chia Seeds..

Options
I bought chia seeds at the farmers market today. Now what? What do I do with them?

Replies

• aleshasnyder48
    aleshasnyder48 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started eating these a few weeks ago but I like to put them in smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt, even just a plain glass of milk. You can sprinkle them on salads, etc. They don't add flavor to anything. There are quite a few posts on this topic already too with loads of info if you search for them.
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Great With Oatmeal and cinnamon!
  • jeredlbb
    Options
    I add two teaspoon to a 1/2 liter bottle of water with some lemon or lime. When I started I added a little Stevia, but now I just drink them down without lemon, lime or Stevia and they are great. They are practically taste neutral and absorb the flavors of the food they are mixed with.

Jered
  • hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You can add them to water and it will make somewhat of a gelatin. I personally love adding them to the fit2fat smoothie

1/2 banana
    handful of spinach or 1 tbsp of spirulina
    1 tbsp peanutbutter
    5 icecubes
    3/4c no sugar added almond milk

I add fruit like strawberries occasionally as well

blend

add 1-2 tbsp chia seeds and mix in by hand. The seeds add almost like a kiwi texture when you use strawberries.
    Oatmeal would be great. Really, they are extra fiber, much like ground flax and can be added to things in a similar fashion.
  • heytheresierra
    Options
    Ohh a great hydration tool! I add 2tsp to a cup of cold black coffee, or chocolate coconut water and shake it a few times. Put it in the fridge and I drink it 30 min b4 a workout or work (I waitress) it keeps me energetic and hydrated very well!!