How To Get Past The Drunk Funk?

Options
2»

Replies

• EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I went out last night, with my hubby and we had a very good time. Maybe a little TOO good because I woke up in a fog and a headache. Now I'm all sluggish. How do I get past the drunk funk? I wanna run and do some weights tonight but if I keep feeling like this, I totally can't.

Hey, you DID it to yourself Consciously or maybe not...anyway, live with it and let it go, drink plenty of water and FRESH juice and let your LIVER detox naturally! You will get VERY QUESTIONABLE "Advice" from the ignorant about taking in caffeine, aspirin or ibuprofen or any OTC Drug. Here is a WARNING: Your LIVER is Already STRESSED by the alcohol and having to filter it...If you add any drugs on top of that you are asking for overload, and with a continual course Liver damage. Have you read the WARNING on those OTC Drugs...Alone, w/o alcohol they can and DO cause Liver damage, with alcohol it is tripled. Stop the "madness" now while you have a good Liver, Spleen and Kidneys. If you must drink alcohol, DO NOT make it worse by using OTC Drugs with it!

ETA: And people are always bytchin and moanin about gaining wt, retaining water...NEWS FLASH, you gain weight because of what YOU CHOOSE to put in your MOUTH; and Exercise is NOT the Cure, it's 9:1 ratio at BEST the role that food vs exercise plays relative to wt loss-maintenance and Good Health, 90% FOOD/Drink and 10% exercise (at Best)!

Wow you must be a whole lot of fun at parties.

I WAS; that's why I know the "Drill" and the RESULTS! Just a little Good Advice from an EX-Partier...NOW I ENJOY LIFE!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    For me, it's usually a bottle of Gatorade or half a bottle of Pedialyte if I have it or can get to it. The Pedialyte works quickly!
  • irishkrissie
    irishkrissie Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hydration is key. Water usually isn't enough for me, I try and throw a vitamin water in there, too (usually the yellow one called "Energy") watered down with regular water.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Matzo Ball Soup....Pedialyte.....and this list of movies: http://gizmodo.com/5869541/10-movies-for-an-epic-hangover

by the end of the day the pedialyte will have given you back the right minerals and the matzo ball soup is well....just awesome.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hydrate hydrate hydrate.

Also a meal can really help. My go-to for hangovers is lox with cream cheese on a bagel and I bake some quartered red potatoes (or if I'm in a crunch for time I have chips). I read an article about hangover cures once and a carb-heavy meal was on the list of things that'll make you feel better faster, so I tried it and it worked really well.

I drink a bunch of Gatorade (if I go to the store though I grab some pedialyte), eat that meal. and then I nap for about an hour if I have time to stay home a while.
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Oh yes you can! When I was still in the Marine Corps, there were many times I felt like that and had to get up at 5:30am to go for calisthenics and a platoon run of 3+ miles. It's not that hard and it helps you sweat out the funk. Stop thinking you cant and just doo eet! :bigsmile:

And I did! It felt so good!
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I went out last night, with my hubby and we had a very good time. Maybe a little TOO good because I woke up in a fog and a headache. Now I'm all sluggish. How do I get past the drunk funk? I wanna run and do some weights tonight but if I keep feeling like this, I totally can't.

Hey, you DID it to yourself Consciously or maybe not...anyway, live with it and let it go, drink plenty of water and FRESH juice and let your LIVER detox naturally! You will get VERY QUESTIONABLE "Advice" from the ignorant about taking in caffeine, aspirin or ibuprofen or any OTC Drug. Here is a WARNING: Your LIVER is Already STRESSED by the alcohol and having to filter it...If you add any drugs on top of that you are asking for overload, and with a continual course Liver damage. Have you read the WARNING on those OTC Drugs...Alone, w/o alcohol they can and DO cause Liver damage, with alcohol it is tripled. Stop the "madness" now while you have a good Liver, Spleen and Kidneys. If you must drink alcohol, DO NOT make it worse by using OTC Drugs with it!

ETA: And people are always bytchin and moanin about gaining wt, retaining water...NEWS FLASH, you gain weight because of what YOU CHOOSE to put in your MOUTH; and Exercise is NOT the Cure, it's 9:1 ratio at BEST the role that food vs exercise plays relative to wt loss-maintenance and Good Health, 90% FOOD/Drink and 10% exercise (at Best)!

Wow you must be a whole lot of fun at parties.

I WAS; that's why I know the "Drill" and the RESULTS! Just a little Good Advice from an EX-Partier...NOW I ENJOY LIFE!

That wasn't advice, it was a rude lecture.
  • hyzlet
    hyzlet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hydrate and eat some carbs and fat! Avocado on toast, some eggs and toast, whatever. Let them settle your stomach and give you some energy. Pop an alka-seltzer if you've got them, let it give you a little boost to feel better, and then set off on your day.

I don't drink more than 1 or 2 drinks anymore because I've outgrown the whole "drink til you get a hangover!" thng, but back when I'd have more, that's what I'd do, and a workout afterwards helped me feel much better!