Feel SOOOOO nervous posting on here!

Options
Hi my name is Sally and I feel extremely nervous posting here as I am not used to forums. I have about 50lb to lose and i know i cannot go on like this anymore. I have been fostering for nearly ten years and have 3 children (one fostered, 2 adopted) and a new little boy coming in September. I need to be fit and healthy, especially as the children are demanding and I am setting up a retreat centre for disadvantaged kids on my small holding in North wales and trying to do my masters degree.

I lost a lot of weight but then 5 years ago we started trying to have children of our own alongside fostering and have had many miscarriages since. I think I lost my motivation and couldn't be bothered anymore but feel like now I need to change. We want to keep trying but doctor says my weight is holding us back...so that's my motivation!!!!

I am glad to be here!

Replies

• poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    There is no need to be nervous - we are all striving for the same thing. Please feel free to add me as a friend for mutual support.
  • pixiexribbons
    pixiexribbons Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on taking steps toward a healthier lifestyle! I think it's a wonderful thing you are doing - fostering and adopting children who would otherwise not have a happy, safe home. Kudos, and I wish you much luck and success!
  • AnitaBlake0
    Options
    We'll be right there with ya along the way! I'm send you a friend request so we can help motivate and be there for each other!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) It can be intimidating the first time here, but hang in there. Read, and use the search feature if you have some specific questions you can learn a lot this way.

Congratulations on making this step, you on the road to a healthier you :flowerforyou:
  • kathyvalliere
    Options
    Don't be nervous. I am new to MFP (only a couple of weeks) and I have already found some very nice, understanding and supportive people on here. I did the foster parent thing for a while. Had 2 adorable little boys (brothers) for about a year and I was devastated when they had to leave to go back to their parents. I decided although a tremendously enjoyed them being with me, I couldn't go through the devastation of them leaving again, so my husband bought me a puppy instead!! LOL I have enormous respect for you as a foster parent. If I can be of any help along your weight loss journey, please let me know. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. Feel free to add me as a friend. MFP is a great place to begin your journey to healthiness.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    WOW, please let me be your friend. You sound like an amazing person and I can't believe all you do to make the world a better place for children in need. It would be an honor to try to help support you along the way. I'll send you a friend request :flowerforyou:
  • Gordon_L
    Gordon_L Posts: 4,475 Member
    Options
    We'll be right there with ya along the way! I'm send you a friend request so we can help motivate and be there for each other!

That's very sweet of you...