Flat outs... where to find them?

Options
I see these a lot in peoples diaries... and I've seen some really good looking recipes using them (hellooooo yummy pizza!), but everytime I go to the grocery store I can't ever seem to find them.

What isle do they hide these? Or do I need to go to a specialty food store to get it?

Also, can you use them like tortillas? Or do you have any good tortilla replacement ideas? I love burritos but when the tortilla is 200 calories without adding anything to it, it really puts me off.

Replies

• CharityD
    Options
    All of my local stores carry them. I haven't had a problem finding them, thank goodness because I love them!
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    my hubby uses them for burritos/tacos all the time. It depends on where u shop as to where they would be. In the Super Walmart they are usually either on the little shelves in front of the deli displays or along the wall of fresh baked goods. Changes every now and then for some reason. At Redner's they are with the whole wheat buns section (also close to the deli/bakery) HTH. They are yummy!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Awesome... I'm gonna have to really search the bakery area then! I look every time and can't ever find them. I remember searching for Ezekiel bread forever only to find it in the freezer section lol. Who would have thought?

I may have to hunt down an employee tonight "I come in peace. Take me to your flat outs!!!" hahaha:laugh: :laugh:
  • jodystar
    Options
    my local store has them in the bakery and deli area
  • summerjoy0621
    summerjoy0621 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have not bought the flat out's, but I do see them at Wal Mart. I also love burrito's and I have been using a wheat tortilla I found that only has 81 calories. If you email me I will see what brand it is and let you know tomorrow. I think I also found those in Wal Mart. They are all with the tortilla's but you have to really look sometimes. Good luck on your search!:happy:
  • Bthack
    Options
    for tortilla options, try to find La tortilla factory 100 tortillas! they have them in whole wheat or regular and have 8 grams of fiber. i eat them all the time because i love me a breakfast burrito, or sometime i'll even make a wrap. happy hunting!
  • kathrynarnold
    Options
    Check out the bread isle.
  • kathrynarnold
    Options
    Check out the bread isle.
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I originally found them in the Bakery section of our Walmart, but then they moved them to the bread aisle. I was prepared to have a conniption fit if they'd stopped carrying them... :wink: Thankfully, that wasn't the case. I hope you are able to locate them ~ they are WONDERFUL! :smile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    smart and delicious high fiber tortillas are a super substitute for regular hi calorie tortillas. and they are soft and tasty.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    The only place locally I've found them unfortunately is walmart
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Only place my sis in law and I have been able to find them is Walmart in the bread isle mixed in with all the flavored tortillas
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Found mine at my super Wal Mart! There were on the isle that the tortillas are on and the bottom shelf under all the tortillas and wraps. Found them quite by accident but LOVE them!
  • asm325
    Options
    I live in Tucson, AZ and I can get them at Albertsons/Osco.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Costco. 6/pk x 3 for under $6.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    my local store has them in the bakery and deli area
    Ditto for deli area! Not in the bread aisle around here, check over near the deli area and you'll see the Flat-0uts display or them displayed along the very front of counters. That's where I find them in all the stores around here.

Good luck!
    They do make fun pizzas (and wraps), but also Pita bread, and sandwich thins make good ones too :)

Oh, if you're looking to go low fat/cal be sure to grab the 'Light' ...the sodium is about the same on all of them though.....big time bummer...oh well!:drinker: It's not like you'll be eating 20:laugh: But I've tried them all when the Light were sold out and they were all winners to me! Sun Dried Tomato, Spinach, Garlic and Herb... mm so many things to do with them :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    smart and delicious high fiber tortillas are a super substitute for regular hi calorie tortillas. and they are soft and tasty.
    Nothin' quite like a real 'Flat Out' though:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Meijer's has them, near the deli section of the store.