Annoyed got my " friend" sorry guys tmi

Options
So I usually don't get my period not since I got a Mirena six years ago ( on my second one ). But last night surprise surprise guess what decided to pay me a visit. Before my Mirena I was very regular and very light so neither my doctor nor myself was surprised when I stopped getting it after I got my Mirena put in. This is the first time I have had it, and I am hoping it doesn't mean anything but given the amount of weight I have lost could that be why I am getting it now? Really I was ok with out it and if I do start getting it and I am regular like I used to be I will have it for our vacation to Disney next month :noway: :grumble: :explode: .

So anyone have any thoughts or ideas. Did anyone else regain their period after losing significant weight?

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    No, but I know someone whose has stopped a couple of months into changing diet/working out. Strange old things TOM's :huh:

In regards to the holiday you could take Norethisterone to delay it - Dependant on how you feel about medication of course.

http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/pages/MedicineOverview.aspx?condition=Delaying menstruation&medicine=norethisterone
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Dieting can cause changes in how we react for out monthly cycles but so can exercise as well. There are ways your doctor can delay this for your vacation ( I will be there for the half marathon next month) but since this is the first cycle in a awhile they may be hesitant to do that... monitor how you feel...and how this incident goes.. and have fun at the House of Mouse!!
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    I am close to a new one and I was not getting a TOM just spotting, but when I started working out /lifting I started to get my TOM. So it could be they change in exercise. diet etc.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thanx ladies, I guess I was surprised because usually when you hear about changes to your cycle in relation to diet and exercise it is losing it not getting it back. I know it isn't the end of the world just an inconvenience especially given the timing. It is still pretty light so far so I guess I will see how long it lasts.