Pedometer?

Options
Who uses one, and are they worth it? Does anyone know of one that's not huge and bulky (and preferably reasonably priced)?

Love you all! :smile:

Replies

• rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Who uses one, and are they worth it? Does anyone know of one that's not huge and bulky (and preferably reasonably priced)?

Love you all! :smile:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Well the good news is that these days they are pretty small. Mom has one that fits on the top of her shoe. it is about the size length and width of my thumb.
    You can get them at Sears, Wall-Mart/Target/Drug stores/ Heck I have seen them at the grocery store.
    They can run you anywhere from 6.00 to 19.95 for the low end styles.
    The higher styles can run up to 500.00 But that is with too many bells and whistles for me.
    Mine cost 9.95, Got it at Target. about the size of a small pager. it measures my steps and how many calories those steps burned.
    and how far those steps took me.
    I try to beat my own averages each day.
    But I really try to walk at LEAST 5 miles most days.
    The ONLY trouble with pedomiters that I do not think they have solved yet, is that it can not tell if you are climbing steps or just walking, if you are walking up or down hill or at a full out and out run. It JUST measures steps. Needless to say it gives you the calories burned for a regular step, NOT a run, or stair burned calorie step.
    --Diann...
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Also, you will need to input your stride rate in order for the pedometer to accurately read your steps (I had a friend who didn't do this and her pedometer showed WAY more steps taken than actual) - this is fairly easy and is laid out in the instructions.

I got my from Rite Aid or Wal-Greens for under $15 - pretty compact and it can tell the difference between Walking (leisure) and aerobic depending on the number of strides per minute. I love mine - but am thinking about upgrading to HRM soon....