Cathe Friedrich videos

Options
Does anyone here do the Cathe Friedrich videos? I tried her CycleMax video yesterday and LOVED it. Much better than any other videos I've tried (Including Jillian Michaels). I'd love to hear how her other videos compare.

Replies

• hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I don't do them BUT I have a friend & they are her favourites by far, so much variety but they are all intense!

Russ
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I bought her supersets cardio DVD and will be trying the step portion this weekend (hopefully)...I've heard very good things and I like that she has a low impact, high intensity series
  • SophieW1988
    Options
    I think I am going to try glide and slide. Seems good for the tush!
  • Miche37
    Miche37 Posts: 19
    Options
    I love her! I have STS Total Body, Pyramid Upper and Lower, Gym Styles series, Muscle Max and just got a more cardio one, To The Max. I've been sick so I haven't tried To The Max yet, but I can't wait.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to try glide and slide. Seems good for the tush!

Does that use those little disc things? I think some of the Supersets DVD that I got uses them but I was going to skip it...seems gimmicky and I read that some people slide a little too much and get hurt...being severely accident prone, I worry :) I'd love to hear first hand if anyone has used them though. Seems like you'd have to engage a lot of muscles to keep from slipping.
  • chickymammma
    chickymammma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Use paper plates if you have carpet. Easy peasy.
    I have Slide n Glide, Afterburn, and Crossfire. Amazing. I'm addicted. They're some of the toughest workouts I've ever done, but I keep going back
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Use paper plates if you have carpet. Easy peasy.
    I have Slide n Glide, Afterburn, and Crossfire. Amazing. I'm addicted. They're some of the toughest workouts I've ever done, but I keep going back

There is a group and other threads on her- do a search.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I also asked a question there about the plates...I don't want to spend 15.00 or more on sliders if it is for one DVD and only part of it. It looks like quite a workout without the jumping which my knees will be thankful for.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    How about that stretchy band thing she likes to use? I want to try her workouts, but I don't feel like buying more stuff.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have been working out with Cathe for nearly 20 years. I probably have 30 of her videos. My current favorites are Power Hour, Muscle Max, STS Total Body (strength training), athletic training, high step training (circuit). I have trouble doing her high impact workouts, but she has really responded in the last few years with low impact workouts that really pack a punch.

The Cathe group here seems more like a social group (which is fine). I would like a Cathe thread where people talk about their workouts (like which Cathe DVD they used that day), what is in their rotation, and what they like/dislike about certain videos.

I have the disks, bands, firewalker bands, etc. I have found that making small investments in my workout gear is not that expensive and that it lasts a long time. I have had my hand weights, bar, and plates for 20 years! Plus, I don't belong to a gym. So the money I save each month NOT going to a gym, I can afford to buy workout DVDs and gear. I think my health is worth it :-). I encourage you to find the money to buy these items. It gives the workouts more variety plus adds to the "fun" factor.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I have been working out with Cathe for nearly 20 years. I probably have 30 of her videos. My current favorites are Power Hour, Muscle Max, STS Total Body (strength training), athletic training, high step training (circuit). I have trouble doing her high impact workouts, but she has really responded in the last few years with low impact workouts that really pack a punch.

The Cathe group here seems more like a social group (which is fine). I would like a Cathe thread where people talk about their workouts (like which Cathe DVD they used that day), what is in their rotation, and what they like/dislike about certain videos.

I have the disks, bands, firewalker bands, etc. I have found that making small investments in my workout gear is not that expensive and that it lasts a long time. I have had my hand weights, bar, and plates for 20 years! Plus, I don't belong to a gym. So the money I save each month NOT going to a gym, I can afford to buy workout DVDs and gear. I think my health is worth it :-). I encourage you to find the money to buy these items. It gives the workouts more variety plus adds to the "fun" factor.

Have you seen this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/864940-cathe-fans-part-5