Spanx shapewear

Options
OK.. someone talk to me about Spanx... Who wears them? (I have a pair that i LOVE but they are the old kind) I need a SUPER HIGHER pair for the wedding... Has anyone tried these? I have a size 3x in the old ones but they are way too big.. and I fall in the "G" category for these... but I tried them on and they are too big too.. What sizes do y'all wear and where does your weight fall on the sizing chart? I'm taking the G back today to get a smaller size...

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I am not hot about the bottom half slimmers but I often wear the Spanx camisoles and tanks. The reach down to my hip anyway but I really need it around the middle.

I just ordered XL because they squish my "gals" too much if I order my size - a large. They say to order up because the compression is great if you have larger breasts - I ordered the new super strength on QVC (it was yesterdays Today's Special Value).
  • redkoolayde
    Options
    I purchased one for a wedding and I loved it.... I also loved the fact there was an area to where you are able to use the bathroom without unrolling...... I think they really helped slim up my legs and tummy area! You won't be sorry!
  • Dtrmnd1
    Dtrmnd1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    K BIG time supporter of shapewear for any size!!!! They are amazing. I had bought the Dr.90210's I think Dr. Rey from Sears (ON SALE :) ) and they are even better than spanx (in my opinion)! I have the super high short kind that goes up to your bra and are like shorts MAN does it make everything look AMAZING!!
    Good luck to ya ;)
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    The higher one is great for slimming, however, I suggest not drinking at all until the last hour of the wedding because going to the bathroom is uncomfy.

I used to wear the ones to the waist every time I wore a skirt (which I don't have to do anymore, thank g-d!!!!). I think the ones to the waist are really great too. Buy whichever is the most comfy. I always go one size bigger in them because I like to breathe. ;-)
  • lesleybritton
    Options
    For my wedding, I had a pair that went from my knees all the way up to my bra. They had a strap that hooked to my bra to keep them from rolling down. I can't remember what size I got, but there is a sizing chart on the Spanx website that you can use that seemed pretty accurate. They were awesome. HOT... but helped my shape out a lot.
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to use the Spanxs brand. But i did buy this one to suck my gut in from a local bra shop. I did like how it made everything look smooth but i felt like a sausage wearing it lol Makes me depressed
  • KenzieKidwell
    KenzieKidwell Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have never worn the spanx brand but I did buy a slimmer that went from under my bra line to my knees. I loved it. I still had the support of a good bra but the back fat was gone. also mine had "stay put" lines that went around the bottom at the knee so it did not roll up and I felt much slimmer. To be honest it is so discreet I have contemplated wearing it under my normal clothes on a daily basis! Though I have not done so since mine does not have the pee slit!!!:laugh:
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them. I cant live without them! I'm a C or D in higher power it just depends on if I want to breath
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    Options
    So funny that you posted this because I was just going to post a similar question. I have a wedding on Saturday and gained some weight since the last time I had to wear a formal dress. I am really having a hard time finding a dress - find that the dress either fits in the body or fits in the chest but never fits well in both - the other thing is I think I look 9mos pregnant in most dresses. ARGH! Very frustrated. I have a dress that I really like but it shows a little too much of my stomach bulge and was wondering if anyone would recommend me getting a spanx. I have a friend who swears by them but then I have another who hates them.

What do you guys think?
  • Dtrmnd1
    Dtrmnd1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So funny that you posted this because I was just going to post a similar question. I have a wedding on Saturday and gained some weight since the last time I had to wear a formal dress. I am really having a hard time finding a dress - find that the dress either fits in the body or fits in the chest but never fits well in both - the other thing is I think I look 9mos pregnant in most dresses. ARGH! Very frustrated. I have a dress that I really like but it shows a little too much of my stomach bulge and was wondering if anyone would recommend me getting a spanx. I have a friend who swears by them but then I have another who hates them.

What do you guys think?

Seriously if there is one item I would suggest to all women its shapewear! It is a must!!!! your stomach will look inches smaller and any nook or cranny you got going on will be completely smooth. Its never cute seeing those in anyones clothing. I want to walk around and give them to every woman I see. It may be slightly uncomfortable (if its too small) but HEY what do we do that isn't!? SOOOOOOO worth it!!!
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was going to post up a new topic but searched and found a couple of old ones...

Most people think I'm crazy for using shapewear, but when I'm wearing a form fitting dress, I feel more comfortable with something supportive on underneath to flatten the rolls in my lower stomach and love handle area. I just purchased Assets by Sara Blakely (founder of Spanx) at Target and it was pretty comfortable. I'm going to a wedding tomorrow and I've had this dress for a while, that i've never worn before. It's pretty formfitting. I tried it on under my dress, but I fear that the bottom part of the shaper (mid thigh shorts) will show if I am dancing, sitting, getting up etc. Anyone have any advice? I have another shaper that is a thong bottom, but since I've gained a few pounds, it creates more rolls instead of smoothing them out. Does anyone else use body shapers? This is actually quite embarrassing for me to admit!