best way to satisfy your sweet tooth?

Options
vienna_h
vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
Whats the best way to satisfy your sweet tooth? something easy on the calories and bad fats, and sugar of course?

And please don't say fruit, I'm fructose intolerant.... I really can't have fruit that often. and no artificial sweeteners, I'm not going to debate why, just no thanks.

Replies

• whark001
    Options
    Hartleys low calorie jelly pots they are only 10 calories per pot and they come in lots of scrummy flavours
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    1 cookie or one serving of ice cream is usually under 200 calories, surely you can work that in some how.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    i like air popped popcorn with a TBS of semi-sweet chocolate chips or 2-3 pieces of nice chocolate (it's richer so it satisfies me more. Sometimes a couple pieces of hard candy is nice too because it lasts longer. And I know you don't want fruit, but I'll make a dip with raspberry yogurt (lite) and whipped cream (lite) to dip fruit in but I'm sure you can just eat it plain as it's very fluffy.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    A serving of ice cream or a small piece of dark chocolate.

Or dark chocolate covered coffee beans.
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup greek yogurt
    1 tbs oats
    1 tsp honey
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Piece of chocolate. Although...many times I'm craving something sweet I really want something else.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Piece of chocolate. Although...many times I'm craving something sweet I really want something else.

Rawr! ;)
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

Rawr! ;)

:wink:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    ice cream
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    chai tea. or lemon zinger tea from celestial seasonings with a dollop of soy milk.

or if you're looking for solids, maybe Altoids Curiously Strong Peppermint mints. I have 2 or 3 of those and then it turns me off of food for a bit. About 2 grams of sugar per 3 mints.

Or try other hard candies, as long as you can restrain yourself from turning them into "chewable" candies.

edit: chocolate meringue cookies. somewhere between 11 and 33 calories a cookie. If you eat just 3 to 5, very reasonable.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If I want something sweet but I am not sure why (maybe I'm bored, irritated, stressed) I hit up one or two lifesavers. I like the wintergreen flavors the best, because they are so intense and take a while to melt.

I also like to eat jello. Sweet, low-cal, fun to eat.

Oooh, and popsicles!
  • JollySnidge
    JollySnidge Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Danio yoghurt - 150 calories

Minimilk ice lolly

Salt and sweet proppercorn :)

These are my go to for sweeties, but yeah, vanilla ice cream with a banana and chocolate sauce - heaven. (You could skip the banana for some nuts - just for texture)
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Fiber one brownies for me, I have 1 everyday. I try to look for sweet snacks that have fiber so I dont feel Im just eating empty carbs.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers giant fudge bar. Yum! Very satisfying. 100 calories.
  • Shmeelady
    Shmeelady Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My go to sweet thing is honey popcorn.

1/8cup popcorn kernels
    1tbsp honey
    1tsp butter

Throw it in a pot on high heat and when the kernels pop they get covered in the honey mixture. I let it cool in the bowl before eating and its delicious. Crunchy and sweet. Sometimes i add a pinch of salt for a sweet and salty taste.
  • dwithbenefithfc
    Options
    Quest peanut butter cups

1- is 120 calories 5 carb 8.5 fat 10 protein 0 sugar

Tastes just like Reese's
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My favorite is ice cream. I like Edy's slow-churned when I need lower calories/fat. Talenti gelato is my choice if I've got a little more leeway.

I don't know that you're going to be able to satisfy your sweet tooth without a lot of sugar or artificial sweetener, but dark chocolate might be a decent option for you.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Fiber one has a NEW cereal that is 80 calories for 3/4 cup and it is CHOCOLATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I put each cup full into a snack ziplock and then I have my sweet crunchy on hand. LOVE LOVE LOVE it