Can anyone help me lose atleast 7ib in 3 weeks

Options
2»

Replies

• ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I find the 40% carbs/40% protein/ 20% fat helps me. Make sure your carbs come from fruits and veggies. Higher the fiber, the better. Drink at least a gallon of water a day. Watch your sodium intake. If you want to lose 7 pounds in 3 weeks, that is a deficit of 8,166 calories a week, or a little less than 1200 a day. Go look at your goals, and see what your daily average burn is. You will need to burn 1200 more, or eat 1200 less every day. That is pretty intense...
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You're looking at this all wrong. Don't get obsessed with the numbers so short-term. Take the 3 weeks and get on the right track with healthy diet and exercise habits, and then you'll be able to enjoy yourself guilt-free all the time.

Crash-dieting off 7lbs is not going to magically make you feel better, after your holiday you'll be back, angry that you've undone 3 weeks of misery.

This, plus crash dieting will make you lose mainly water weight, which will come back the second you go on vacation and enjoy your first bite of non-crash-diet food.

I'd rather continue losing at a normal rate and not turn into a blowfish on day two of vacation.

This.

Plus you're currently only netting 700 calories a day? So yes, you are pretty much "starving" yourself.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    People are always fast to judge I do not want a unhealthy way or a crash diet i want to do it the right way but lose a little ect a week!!!

Unhealthy = netting 700 calories a day... Which is what you are doing...
  • katieredmond5243
    Options
    People are always fast to judge I do not want a unhealthy way or a crash diet i want to do it the right way but lose a little ect a week!!!

Unhealthy = netting 700 calories a day... Which is what you are doing...

I'm glad you have pointed that out as iv never truly noticed my Net am I correct I saying that should be 1200??
    I wouldn't starve myself on purpose I'm actually full and happy on the day my net was 700 why I hadn't noticed!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you are asking for help when you've already made up your mind and your plan.

People are trying to help you long term and to help you realize that what you are doing falls into the yo-yo dieting mindframe/cycle which you should be trying to break, not cultivate.

You are trying to push for a 7lb (at least) loss so that you'll feel "okay" gaining a few pounds on vacation. Do you not see what is wrong with that statement and concept? you are supposed to be making changes in your life (especially with food) that will help you maintain in the long run. Getting fit isn't just about losing weight or getting fit. It's a mental thing too.
  • katieredmond5243
    Options
    I don't know why you are asking for help when you've already made up your mind and your plan.

People are trying to help you long term and to help you realize that what you are doing falls into the yo-yo dieting mindframe/cycle which you should be trying to break, not cultivate.

You are trying to push for a 7lb (at least) loss so that you'll feel "okay" gaining a few pounds on vacation. Do you not see what is wrong with that statement and concept? you are supposed to be making changes in your life (especially with food) that will help you maintain in the long run. Getting fit isn't just about losing weight or getting fit. It's a mental thing too.

Yes of course and am greatful now I see that I need to just carry on with my 1lb a week and stick to bring healthy instead of the guilt and mind games my head likes to play!!! Mine is more mental y i sometimes push n push :-/ but everyone is wright stick to what am doing and stay healthy and maintain.
  • berg2212
    Options
    This might be a good opportunity to try a healthy detox or cleanse diet. There's all different ones, usually around 3-5 days involving either different teas or strictly fruits and vegetables that sort of thing, meant to cleanse the colon and digestive system and rid the body of toxins. I don't recommend the different supplements or anything sold for this purpose, they can be really harsh on your body and aren't really necessary. Anyway it would help you lose a little extra weight just from excess waste in your digestive system and retained water weight.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This might be a good opportunity to try a healthy detox or cleanse diet. There's all different ones, usually around 3-5 days involving either different teas or strictly fruits and vegetables that sort of thing, meant to cleanse the colon and digestive system and rid the body of toxins. I don't recommend the different supplements or anything sold for this purpose, they can be really harsh on your body and aren't really necessary. Anyway it would help you lose a little extra weight just from excess waste in your digestive system and retained water weight.

Detox and cleanse diets are pointless and the only real thing they do is upset the natural bacteria colonies in your digestive system which then takes time to repair itself. There's no toxins or excess waste that gets flushed out. It's a total myth.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    nope.
  • nino07110922
    nino07110922 Posts: 2,149
    Options
    I was shocked when I saw that I had lost that much in a week but really I just drank a ridiculous amount of water and exercised for atleast an hour a day, i still eat the same food, just less fried food no fast food or junk. but actual meals i just eat smaller portions of
  • nino07110922
    nino07110922 Posts: 2,149
    Options
    That's an excellent approach, Sami.
  • samirw890
    Options
    Well thank ya :)
  • Bodin2002
    Options
    Rules:
    1) No white carbs (bread, cereal, potatoes, pasta, etc..)
    2) Don't drink calories
    3) Don't eat fruit (tomatoes and avocadoes are exempt from this rule)

What you can eat:
    - Egg whites (w/ 1 whole egg for flavor)
    - Chicken breasts or thighs
    - Grass fed beef
    - Fish
    - Pork
    - Legumes, lentils, beans (black, pinto, red)
    - Vegetables (spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, peas, green beans, etc...)

General rules:
    - eat within 30 minutes of waking up
    - eat more than 4 meals per day
    - drink lots of water
    - you will need to eat beans as it'll be difficult to consume enough calories

It's not a fun diet, but effective. Do this for three weeks and you will easily lose 7lbs.

Good luck!