Protein and Sugars always too high??

Options
I have only been eating fruit for sugar, but even still if i eat one apple and one banana I am over my daily limit.. I dont understand how I am supposed to have these in my diet and still stay under my goal.. please help me understand. Also, I seem to ALWAYS be over my protein limits as well.. Please tell me what I should be using as my goal, I am 23, A mother of 2 (so Im almost always moving around cleaning ect, im 240 lbs and i want to lose 100 lbs. Thanks!

Replies

• hmjw42
    hmjw42 Posts: 4
    Options
    From looking at your diary a little bit, I'd say you're doing just fine! Natural sugars are just fine. I try not to eat more than 3 servings of fruit in a day, but if it's an apple versus a cookie, ignore the sugar amount and go for the apple! As for the protein, your protein goals are set way too low anyway! You should be eating about 100-150 grams a day. Protein is satiating so it fills you up and helps stop cravings!
  • Adorkable1111
    Options
    Okay, should I change any of my goals manually ??
  • hmjw42
    hmjw42 Posts: 4
    Options
    Just don't worry if your proteins are too high :) I usually base my foods on my macro percentage, aiming for 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. I'm still playing around with it though. The biggest thing is persistence! You're doing awesome so far :)
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about going over on protein. Its perfectly fine its not like your eating 2x your body weight in protein a day.

Sugars don't worry about it alot. Just stay away from Granulated Sugar and Corn Syrup. Fruit sugars are perfectly fine.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    High protein isn't a big deal and I think if you are doing strength training, it helps a great deal to have a high intake. If I eat a lot of fruit, I always seem to go over in sugar. You could try adjusting your sugar intake to something higher if you enjoy fruit regularly - that way it won't bother you as much if you see it's high or in the -red and its from fruit
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    High protein isn't a big deal and I think if you are doing strength training, it helps a great deal to have a high intake. If I eat a lot of fruit, I always seem to go over in sugar. You could try adjusting your sugar intake to something higher if you enjoy fruit regularly - that way it won't bother you as much if you see it's high or in the -red and its from fruit

or just remove the sugar entry from the nutrients you track altogether