Elimination diet

Options
Molly08
Molly08 Posts: 153 Member
Hello guys,
My allergist has put me on an elimination diet. It involves no vinegar, bread, cheese, sugar or soy and as little yeast as possible. I'm allowed unlimited green veggies (no colored ones), 1 portion of plain yoghurt OR 2 small glasses of milk and any meats or eggs. There are few exceptions here and there but that's the bulk of it. I have to do this for 4 months in order to clear out my body and then I'll be reintroducing things one at a time. Has anyone here done something like this before? I had the shakes yesterday and became really nauseated (turned green!). I know my body is just reacting to the changes from my normal (and not healthy!) way of life but it kind of freaked me out. I was hoping someone else had done something similar and had words of encouragement and advice. I'd like to have an idea of what to expect over then next few months! Also easy recipes would be appreciated too (I tried puréed cauliflower in lieu of mashed potatoes tonight and was pleasently surprised).
Thanks a ton in advance!!
Molly

Replies

• chainone
    chainone Posts: 42
    Options
    Been there, done that. Peronally, I couldn't make it work because it triggered some other health problems I had going on (and we were betting on it happning that way).
    Take these first few days and just relax as much as possible. Try to cut back your exercise to light walks and drink a ridiculous amount of water. Take baths. Read books. Any dietary change is a big shock but for some reason, avoiding all allergy triggers just makes you feel AWFUL.

Are you allowed spices as well? If so, I'd say start experimenting. You'll find some neat combinations. I'd give recipe advice but my modified diet was different than yours (little fruit, some veg, no wheat, no meat, no dairy, no eggs, no yeast, no caffeine, coffee, tea, sugar, etc etc etc)

It does get easier. It may be boring, but it will get better!
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    I agree if you're allowed spices, you need to start playing around with them. I've found the Asian aisle at the grocery store to be full of wonderful surprises and am quickly becoming addicted to fresh green beans sautéed in some of the Asian spices.