THYROID FOOD!

Options
2»

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious. Just curious..your recipe calls for Soy sauce but I have recently heard that Soy products interfere with thyroid medicine. Probably better to substitute with something else.
    I've been told to stay away from soy products as well as goitrogens (which affect the thyroid), and this includes broccoli and cauliflower.
    OP: where did you get this information and why do you think it's "thyroid food"?

Soy SAUCE is fermented so no problems there, but yes stay away from unfermented soy.

Also, table salt is recommended because it contains iodine. Which if deficient can cause. Hypothyroidism.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I had no idea my thyroid was even hungry! Should it eat back it's exercise calories?
    How does one exercise their thyroid? Is there something you put under your chin to squeeze down for a neck workout? If I have a turkey gobbler neck, does that mean my thyroid is overweight?

But in all cereal bowls, I've been dealing with an endocrinologist for 7 years and never once has he mentioned any of this. And he's one of them smart ones that went to John Hopkins. :flowerforyou:

Suzanne Somers has a new tool out. The "ThyroidMaster". Use that.

I had no idea you could spot-feed your organs. Does that mean maybe we can also spot-train our problem areas after all? I'm gonna go do the 10,000 crunch flat belly in 5 minutes challenge now.
    Wait! Take before and after pictures. You should see results instantaneously.

Does she make one for my lady bits as well? I'm feeling a bit loose after losing a few pounds.

Well I'm not a gynecologist but I'll take a look at it.....:bigsmile:
    Are you by chance Dr. Howey Feltersnatch?

LOL My good lady, that slanderous incident in the produce section was all a minor misunderstanding born from a very fertile imagination .....and I assure you , after they cleaned up the damaged melons all was left in good...er, ahem, form....:wink:
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Soy SAUCE is fermented so no problems there, but yes stay away from unfermented soy.

Also, table salt is recommended because it contains iodine. Which if deficient can cause. Hypothyroidism.

What does fermentation do that it makes it OK?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    So, where's my recipe for thyroid?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    So, where's my recipe for thyroid?

1OEMtIZ.gif
  • dawniewest
    dawniewest Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Fermenting does nothing as far as preventing soy from inhibiting the absorption of thyroid meds ... it just makes it easier to digest ...

As far as recipes for actual thyroid ... Google "veal sweet bread recipes"... sounds disgusting, but they are so good ...
  • DeeKayElle
    DeeKayElle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The real question is what the HELL is a "courgette?" A small female courg, I presume.