Honey & Cinnamon Drink

Options

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Yeah, anything that claims that parasites and fungus are keeping you from losing weight is quackery at its finest. Go ahead and drink this stuff if you want to, but it's not going to help you lose weight.
  • tisch1338
    tisch1338 Posts: 3
    Options
    Why does everyone have to put their 2 cents in instead of just answering the question. The original question was 'has anyone ever tried this?' If you haven't tried it - then don't reply!
  • FocusEnergy
    Options
    I was just googling it and it says to only use CEYLON cinnamon because it's healthier for you than the cheaper stuff called cassia cinnamon .... Cassia cinnamon thins the blood and can cause cancer.. if taken too much. If you're using cassia cinnamon use less than a 1tsp a day. I'm trying this cinnamon honey thing tonight.. we'll see what happens in a week...
  • Zonera15
    Zonera15 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have tried this and am in the middle of doing it again. The effect doesn't really become noticeable until the 3rd or 4th day of drinking the honey cinnamon drink, but it really works! I have had issues with digestion and just carrying around too much waste (TMI? Sorry). It really helped clear out my stomach and I noticed after the 7th day, I was losing weight again. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that I was losing fat, but it wasn't showing on the scale because of the extra waste or if the drink itself did some magic, but it's definitely worth a try if you've plateaued or if you have issues with digestion.
  • cwillen65
    cwillen65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am using the honey & cinnamon drink because I have heard it eases arthritis pain which I am really stuggling with. My hope is that If I can feel better I will exercise more. I am walking now for exercise and I love that. I've only been using the tea for a few days but today I am not having much pain at all!! Keep moving and don't give up! It's a lifestyle change not a quick fix for sure!
  • bcklee
    bcklee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • yvonne2345
    yvonne2345 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started drinking this tea two days ago and i just don't feel hungry. I take only a shake with 2 teaspoons of steel cut oats, 120 ml of light soy milk , 120 ml of skimmed milk and I add 4/1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.It tastes better that way. I do not have cravings for sweet things anymore. And I feel full till the lunch.Feel much lighter and Great. I am going to continue this until I see some results.
  • tambo371
    Options
    My mom has been doing thisfor about 6-8months now, not for the weight loss but for the other benifits. last week she went to the doctors her A1C had gone from 7.1 to 6.4 her blood pressure was normal instead of high and she had lost 20 pounds on top of that. she really didnt change anything that she was doing because she is older and cant really do exercises.
  • BlackRose278
    BlackRose278 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers swears by this drink and says that it really does help with losing weight. I'm actually going to try this tonight and will hopefully have results in a week or two.

P.S. the drink isn't supposed to taste good, so if you want to try this out, don't think it's going to taste like sugar and rainbows.
  • laurelobrien
    laurelobrien Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I can see how this would boost immunity but It doesn't make sense that it would cause any significant fat loss. It's just sugar and steeped spices.
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you could put this in tea instead of plain water? I am definitely going to try this. If it doesn't work, then no harm done. It's just food, and not some strange herbal supplement. I was reading yesterday that doctors that first suggested taking an aspirin every day for heart health were deemed quacks, too, and it is common practice now. So, I like to keep an open mind.
  • BlackRose278
    BlackRose278 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What I found that tastes good is to put the cinnamon in an empty tea bag, and then using it in chocolate tea! It tastes like hot chocolate with cinnamon in it, but it's healthy!!! :D and you're still getting the benefits of it.
  • MrsNuNu
    MrsNuNu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    YES! I started it Sat. I've lost 4 lbs as of today. Thts eating sweet potatoes pies as my cheat weakness. Everything else's healthy. I use cap full of lemon n green tea with mango though
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    Flavor ...
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    What I found that tastes good is to put the cinnamon in an empty tea bag, and then using it in chocolate tea! It tastes like hot chocolate with cinnamon in it, but it's healthy!!! :D and you're still getting the benefits of it.

Will try this for sure.. Thanks..
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I haven't read everyone's comments... but here are my 2 cents. I don't think that any one thing (this drink for example) is going to magically make pounds melt away and I definitely don't think there is anything that will make "fat not stick." What I do believe is that natural raw honey and cinnamon are GREAT for you and do have healing properties. I think an addition of these two things will bring health benefits, but as a magic weightloss booster - probably not.
  • Deanna_L
    Options
    I've stopped and started this. I don't know if I've noticed significant weight loss. But It helps with my appetite. I dont crave food as much unneccaserily and it makes me feel more energized.
    I don't know if I'm weird but I actually really enjoy the taste and I use 2 teaspoons of cinnamon instead of 1. I will try and update after I've been using it for longer. :D
  • onmyweighnow
    onmyweighnow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just purchased some raw honey that already has the ceylon cinnamon mixed in with it. I am going to try this tea and see if anything happens. If weight doesn't come off I am still getting the benefits of the honey and cinnamon which are numerous. Will check back in a couple weeks and let you know.
  • shelby4275
    Options
    I tried 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 of honey on an empty stomach like it said to do and I almost threw up. It was pretty gross to drink the stuff but not horrible, but then about 10 minutes or so later I started having horrible stomach pain and gagging like I was going to throw up and if I let myself I would of. I'm not sure if I just have a sensitive stomach or what, but needless to say I won't be trying this again.
  • Jelfsie
    Options
    Sorry but there is no scientific proof this works..lets face it, exercise and eating a controlled healthy diet that you turn into a lifestyle is the only way to go..
    I have tried a lot of quackery in the past, but I always end up back to eating properly, watching your portion sizes and moving your butt!.