Cinnamon and Honey For Weight Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• nicoleharding1
    nicoleharding1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Why does it have to be a specific type of honey/cinnamon?
  • dying_2b_skin3
    Options
    it cant do any harm to try tho...not saying im gunna wake up 20lb lighter tomorrow but I cant really give a negative comment when I haven't experienced it
  • joelsumrall
    joelsumrall Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Since I started this topic, I got away from my honey and cinnamon kick. I didn't see much as far as helping in weight loss, but my allergies have started back.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I put cinnamon in my Greek yogurt. Does that count? lol

I am thinking I need to try them mixed with peanut butter!! In the name of Weight Loss Research, of course.
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing this on Pinterest and I feel like it's just one of those things that people say work but it doesn't. Like a fad diet of some sorts. I'm interested in seeing the responses here, though.

Personally I'll keep up the calorie counting and exercising, though. :)

We must realize that the processed crap honey at the stores is not the best for this method... The honey in the store has been filtered, thus it may as well be corn syrup, a lot (if not all) of it's nutrients have been removed, because when they filter the "good stuff" out, they can sell it for a LOT more.

As for cinnamon, I am not sure if it means the American imitation cinnamon plant, or the REAL stuff (that's a LOT more expensive).

I never heard about it making you lose weight, but the mixture has some health benefits, especially for boosting the immune system.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

For the same reason that the Master Cleanse has to include Grade B maple syrup and not any other kind. Unexplained specificity lends an air of credibility to a pseudoscientific claim.
  • bcklee
    bcklee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump for later.
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I read this a few years back and was trying to stop food cravings so thought I would give it a go. I mixed up a big batch (you use a LOT of cinnamon and hone). It didn't taste very nice and unfortunately for the method, neither myself or my SO&SO could stomach it for more than a few attempts. I really can't say if it would work long term. I have managed to get rid of the cravings but eating sensibly, cutting out junk sugars and exercising. Good luck.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    the health food stores have to stay in business, nuf said

burn more than you eat, that's the key, doesn't matter otherwise for weight loss
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    No, but I HAVE used cinnamon and honey for weight GAIN. Mixed liberally with butter and slathered on several slices of white Wonder Bread, I can slap on 4-5 pounds in a matter of days.

Conversely, I find that for me, veggies, lean meats, fruit, nuts, egg whites and whole eggs are much more helpful when pushing the scale in the other direction.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    No, but I HAVE used cinnamon and honey for weight GAIN. Mixed liberally with butter and slathered on several slices of white Wonder Bread, I can slap on 4-5 pounds in a matter of days.

Conversely, I find that for me, veggies, lean meats, fruit, nuts, egg whites and whole eggs are much more helpful when pushing the scale in the other direction.

Isn't it nice to look through your food diary on a day where you exceeded your intake goal and be able to pinpoint exactly which foods should be blamed for taking you over the line?
  • FoodLoverDeb05
    Options
    Sounds like you should go back to your cinnamon and honey just to keep your allergies from acting up.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

For the same reason that the Master Cleanse has to include Grade B maple syrup and not any other kind. Unexplained specificity lends an air of credibility to a pseudoscientific claim.

From what I understand ceylon cinnamon just comes from a different cinnamon tree but they're the same ingredient.... so I don't get it............. I really am trying to understand the "clean" eating magic weight loss voodoo but I'm clearly failing at it, lol.

No but really, OP, I've heard good things about raw, LOCAL honey for allergies. I think it's a good supplement for allergies but I don't see the benefit behind it for weight loss. I mean, you're basically eating 16 grams of sugar on a spoon, which does not lead to weight loss - of course, it will be detrimental to losing weight if it causes you to go over your allotted calories or sugar. Supposedly cinnamon has some good benefits for blood sugar regulation but I have yet to see a scientific source to support it (if someone wants to link me I'd be appreciative - otherwise, I'll look into it myself).

I think a good and necessary rule of thumb is that if it sounds to good to be true, IT IS.