I went Skydiving!!!!!

Options
bdeezy3396
bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
7 years and 5 months ago I was unable to check skydiving off of my bucket list because I was too heavy to do it. Well yesterday I was finally able to fulfill that dream and made the jump. The bonus was not only was I light enough to do it, I didn't have to pay extra for being over 200lbs. It was one of the most exciting yet horrifying things I ever did.

Replies

• jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations :)
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    awesome!! that is something totally NOT on my list, but I am glad for you that you did it!
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Skydiving is on my bucket list too, I can only imagine.
  • HikeThatMountain
    Options
    Awesome!! I have an idea how you feel, last summer I went for a ride in a 1934 (something like that) biplane, which if I tried the summer before, I would not have been allowed because I would have been overweight....... and would have missed the fun. I am seriously thinking about a tandem jump next, and good to know that I will be eligible for that too!! So much fun! Good on you!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Sounds fun...not really, sounds scary!
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I bet it was a blast! That's my first short-term goal :D
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    wow congratulations thats so cool. i all so want to do it way to go
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I envy you so much. Skydiving was something I always wanted to try and now with my ankles and knees I never will. Congratulations on a great NSV:drinker:
  • sabrafox
    sabrafox Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That is terrific! Congratulations!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I did that in January! Such a blast. Definitely caught the skydiving bug, just wish it wasn't so expensive! Congrats for being able to do it!
  • Cclye
    Cclye Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations !! I did skydive last Nov. I actually when on diet before I did it. But, it was all worth it, right?

:flowerforyou:
  • pinkbananashoes
    Options
    Congratulations! What a mega achievement. You should be very proud of yourself. :)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I jumped out of a plane for my 30th birthday. The guys on the ground who were directing me as I hung under the chute, put me right through a tree. Fortunately, I missed the heavy parts.
    It is pretty stunning how you feel like you are just floating when you are under the parachute. But, then, when you get close to the ground, you realize, you are falling REALLY fast!
    I do not know about you, but I was not so nervous the night before going because I had to work myself up to do it. I was determined that I was not going to get up in the plane, and chicken out at the last moment. My moment of truth came the night after. It suddenly hit me: What the heck did I just do! I sat bolt upright in bed, in a cold sweat, and could not get back to sleep.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, it's also on my bucket list, but haven't found any friends willing to go with me yet. I will tackle it on my own eventually. Terrified, but still want to do it.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I cannot think of a better way to celebrate your achievement than by doing what was previously forbidden by a weight impediment! It is an experience that will ALWAYS be as fresh in your mind as the day you did it.

Welcome to an elite club, we're happy to have you!

Blue Skies!
  • FruitSalad76
    FruitSalad76 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this and as soon as my weight is gone I'm going to do it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!