FRUSTRATED!

Options
2»

Replies

• angel2783
    angel2783 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You should try the Master Cleanse Detox for 7 days, it really works when dedicated.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    It is called GAINING MUSCLE! Duh.

Yeah no.. lol

2 weeks is not nearly enough to gain from muscle.

OP, as others said make sure you track everything, and not quick add calories. Also, i'd recalculate your calorie needs. 1500 seems low considering you are 5'7.

Also, eating at night doesn't have any impact on your weight loss. Your body doesn't care what or when you eat your calories, it cares that you get all the nutrients it needs according to your mass.

Don't let these myths fool you hun ;)
  • llfretwell
    llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Ive never heard of master cleanse detox. What exactly is that?
  • llfretwell
    Options

Yeah no.. lol

2 weeks is not nearly enough to gain from muscle.

OP, as others said make sure you track everything, and not quick add calories. Also, i'd recalculate your calorie needs. 1500 seems low considering you are 5'7.

Also, eating at night doesn't have any impact on your weight loss. Your body doesn't care what or when you eat your calories, it cares that you get all the nutrients it needs according to your mass.

Don't let these myths fool you hun ;)

Thank you for your kindness. :) I think it's suggested that I eat more calories since I'm doing Insanity as well. I guess I will just face my fear of calories and try to add some and see how that works.
  • Escape_Artist
    Options

Don't, just don't try any silly detox. Trust me you don't wanna get into that. Eating a balanced diet and exercise is the way to go.

As for your fear of calories, I lost 20lbs eating between 1800 - 1950 calories. I could never drop a pound eating 1200-1500.

Also, I was wondering, at 5'7 and 139lbs are you sure what you want is to lose weight and not reshape your body?
    Most people think they want to drop weight when in fact they aren't satisfied with the way their body looks, not the weight itself. Does that make any sense?
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

2 pounds of muscle in 2 weeks ... I don't think so.

OP, like most others said, no quick cals, start logging. A food scale might help too.
  • gera368
    gera368 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's not true that it doesn't matter when you eat!
    If you eat at night and you go to bed, than your metabolism rest as well and the food will change in fat.
    Try to eat breakfast as a king, lunch as a prince and diner as a beggar.
    This way your metabolism will start high in the morning and helps you the whole day to burn your calories
  • llfretwell
    Options

Don't, just don't try any silly detox. Trust me you don't wanna get into that. Eating a balanced diet and exercise is the way to go.

As for your fear of calories, I lost 20lbs eating between 1800 - 1950 calories. I could never drop a pound eating 1200-1500.

Also, I was wondering, at 5'7 and 139lbs are you sure what you want is to lose weight and not reshape your body?
    Most people think they want to drop weight when in fact they aren't satisfied with the way their body looks, not the weight itself. Does that make any sense?

I was 131 pounds a couple of years ago before I got pregnant, and I loved my body. This is why I feel like I would like to be that weight again. I keep hearing to increase my calories. I am thinking I may do that. Its just scary for me
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, keep going, it will get better.. I know it's frustrating, we all feel that way from time to time ,but keep going...Finish what you have started!!!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    It takes time and patience, and dedication. Just stick with it you'll get there!

^^This. :wink:
  • Escape_Artist
    Options
    I was 131 pounds a couple of years ago before I got pregnant, and I loved my body. This is why I feel like I would like to be that weight again. I keep hearing to increase my calories. I am thinking I may do that. Its just scary for me

You are very close to that pre baby weight :)

Increasing calories can be scary, I know it was for me. What you can do is increase them slowly (200 a day to start) and monitor your progress from there. The worst thing you can do is weight yourself too often. I suggest increasing your calories and weighting yourself after 2 weeks. I suggest taking measurements and pictures instead of using the scale since your weight might fluctuate (water weight, PMS, periods, just to name a few)

Hope this helps :)
  • Kirsten2304
    Kirsten2304 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It definitely does make sense, and this is what I need to work on. I eat healthy for the most part, but have a hard time with binging on sweets. And by binging, I mean...BINGING. I try my hardest to keep them out of the house, but I have a husband who I hate to deprive. Other than the occasional cheat meal every once in a while (and my binging issue), I think I need to work on my sodium intake. I enjoy frozen lean cuisines and veggie patties. I guess my diet needs a lot of tweaking..

Maybe Binging plays a role, too. Again, I have the same problem - I used to binge on sweets too often (one week binge free now ;) ). I suppose that binging might mess up the metabolism? So try to avoid that and keep eating healthy and try not to binge. Maybe that would already help? :)
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You should try the Master Cleanse Detox for 7 days, it really works when dedicated.

:noway: NO!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    A few things. First, the base requirement for insanity is 1800 calories total. Second, you don't have much weight to lose so at this point, you should be trying to lose at a small pace. Additionally, I think you will see better results if you drop insanity and pick up a program that involves more weight training. Even if you don't see much weight loss, you will see greater composition changes. Now don't get me wrong, insanity is a good program but I think it produces better results when you start off with a good amount of lean body mass and at this point, you might not have enough to give you the definition you are expecting.

Next, do not do the quick adds. With that, no one can evaluate macro breakouts. It's possible you are not getting enough protein or over loading on carbs instead of a balanced diet. What I would recommend is actually logging one month, set your calories to 1800 and set macro's to 40c/40p/20f to follow the insanity nutrition guide.

Additionally, one night of binging can eat up your calorie deficit and easily make you maintain your weight.
  • Escape_Artist
    Options
    Maybe Binging plays a role, too. Again, I have the same problem - I used to binge on sweets too often (one week binge free now ;) ). I suppose that binging might mess up the metabolism? So try to avoid that and keep eating healthy and try not to binge. Maybe that would already help? :)

It's all about calories in vs calories out. You can incorporate sweets in your diet, just make them fit in your calories / macros

There is no need to restrict yourself and remove all things you like, you can always make it work in your diet. Being too restrictive will just lead to some pretty bad binge eating. It's very easy to scrap one or 2 week's progress in a night. Working the things you like in your calories will prevent that :wink:
  • Kirsten2304
    Kirsten2304 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

It's all about calories in vs calories out. You can incorporate sweets in your diet, just make them fit in your calories / macros

There is no need to restrict yourself and remove all things you like, you can always make it work in your diet. Being too restrictive will just lead to some pretty bad binge eating. It's very easy to scrap one or 2 week's progress in a night. Working the things you like in your calories will prevent that :wink:

Totally agree. :smile: I was rather talking about binging in terms of emotional eating. If that's what her binging is about, then it would be good to cope with negative feelings other than by binging. :smile:
  • llfretwell
    Options
    All of this is great advice. I do need to look at what I'm eating each day and try to eat more clean and balanced. That is something I don't do. As far as Insanity, I do enjoy the workout, and can tell that I'm a little more toned already, it is just the scale that depresses me. I will take my measurements today and go from there though. Thanks to everyone for supporting me in this question. I really appreciate it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    All of this is great advice. I do need to look at what I'm eating each day and try to eat more clean and balanced. That is something I don't do. As far as Insanity, I do enjoy the workout, and can tell that I'm a little more toned already, it is just the scale that depresses me. I will take my measurements today and go from there though. Thanks to everyone for supporting me in this question. I really appreciate it.

Eating clean will not effect your results. Below is a perfect example.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/903628-one-year-of-barbells-and-ice-cream-my-story-so-far-pics?hl=a+year+of+lifting+and+ice+cream