Exercise is key, hurt my knee doing low impact. What now?

Options
I need some advice on what to do now, Hurt my bad knee swimming, Need to keep moving, to burn these calories,otherwise I'll give up, AGAIN!!!!

Replies

• Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Shadow box, you can do that from a seated position. Won't burn as fast as swimming, running, or riding. It will burn though about on par with walking. Give it a try.
  • louise62602
    Options
    Don't give up! I don't know whats wrong with your knee but I do the elliptical and it doesn't hurt my knees. I have osteoarthritis in my knee. The stronger my legs get the better my knee has been feeling.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Get some good physio therapy. Don't put it off. They will teach you special exercises that will strengthen your knees, and help you work yourself out of your problem. Patience at first,

Try wearing an elastic knee brace when walking until you are stronger and can walk without pain.
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi Eileen, I'm new to MFP, but have had the same thing happen to me. I hurt my knee a little over a week ago. I have been trying to find exercises that don't hurt my knee. I have found that I can do the treadmill and the recumbent bike and don't have pain during exercise. I know it's frustrating to have something slow you down, but the point is keep moving even if it's just walking at a slower pace or doing something active that doesn't hurt your knee. Good luck, but key is to never give up :-) !
  • T0FatToB3S1ck
    T0FatToB3S1ck Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Actually exercise is not the key. It's mostly about what you eat when it comes to losing the weight. If you are trying to gain muscle and such then that is different since you cannot gain muscle without exercising.

I lost 109 pounds and haven't worked out on a regular basis. That all changes on Friday though when I start the toning process.
  • mtec1971
    mtec1971 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I fell & had surgrey on my knee. It is worst than before so I am also having problems getting excerise in. I need help to figure out how to do exerises as I can't get on the floor & walking just makes it worse. :cry: