Highest Weight in My Life - Looking for Support

Options
Hi!

My name is Mary and I am 35 years old. At 222 pounds I am the highest weight I have EVER been. This past Saturday I went up and down a water slide with my Kid's Ministry Kids and could only do it about 6 times before I was spent. My weight is affecting everything! My overall mood, my clothes, my feet.....everything.

I used myfitnesspal in 2011 and 2012 to help me lose weight. Then in September of 2012 my world took a turn for some not so great events in my life. My Mom passed in January 2013 and I stayed in a very depressed state until May of this year. Finally pulling out of my depression I am trying to motivate myself to get back on track and lose the weight and get healthy. I just need support. While my DH tries to support me he doesn't do a great job at telling me no.

I need the accountability......I need support!

Please help me!

Thanks in advance

~M~ aka Mary

Replies

• srrose15
    srrose15 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!!! I would love to help motivate and support you . I actually have an online group that does this daily to keep you accountable - it is a group of mainly women that is private on FB and we share our ups and downs and daily struggles to keep with our programs - right now we are all completing the same program and we are all having some FANTASIC results - if you want more information on this or just want to chat in general I would love to help you. It is my passion to help others on their journey in life. Would love to find out where you are and where you want to be in the future and would be blessed to walk along side you in yoour journey.

Message or friend me and we can chat
    Stephanie
  • eandbmom
    eandbmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for about 3 weeks and my starting weight is similar to yours. Friend request sent so we can encourage each other.
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    We are about the same age and I started at 260 in January and I'm down to 206. I still have 50 more to go. I would be happy to provide support and encouragement. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • mwhite0578
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • pauluk1978
    pauluk1978 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi all, please add me for mutual encouragement and support
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Mary we all need support and believe me motivation so add me and I would love to help ....
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I am very positive!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary!! I don't have a lot of time for daily support but please add me if you need someone to help coach you. I can hopefully help answer your questions and point you in the right direction for long lasting success. Good luck! :)
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    We can be friends! :) I started at 221 lbs, so basically the same as you. I started losing weight in January 2013, and I am now at 151 lbs. I'm still working on losing more. I can completely understand with the weight you are now and have gone through that process. You can do it!!
  • mwhite0578
    Options
    Feeling incredibly blessed and emotional at the support from each and everyone of you!

I will do this.....I can do this.....I have lost 30 lbs on my own before so I know I can do this.....I just need support!

Thank you all so much and have a blessed day!

~M~
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary!

Add me, we can support each other!
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem in 2008. Lost my mom, too. By the time 2008 was over, I was close to 400lb. Feel free to ad me, or anyone for that matter. We can all support each other.
  • marthahorn
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too. :)
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I have been there as well. I think I wouldn't even have managed 6 times. Good luck and if you want to add me, you're more then welcome!
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

We're all in this together & we can do it!
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    We are similar in so many ways! Feel free to add me! We can all use support and motivation.
  • kimrichwine
    Options
    Add me too! The more support we all have... the better. :)
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss Mary. I sent a friend request.
  • kelleydurrance1
    Options
    I am right there with you!!! I am the highest weight and most out of shape I have ever been. I have fought myself on this for years and when I would gain weight and then see how much I had to lose, it seemed hopeless, so I would give up...then would put on another 20...then the cycle would begin again!!! And instead of looking at 20 to lose, I am looking at 120 to lose. If I would have just not felt so hopeless when it was only 20!

I am so excited to be a part of myfitnesspal.....I have been encouraged by several friends to join because of their success!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

I am ready to find the old me! I am ready to enjoy life, enjoy shopping, enjoy activities....I am ready to live again!!!

Let's DO THIS!!!!!