Skinny Students :-)

Options
13»

Replies

• sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to tell you all how jealous I am that you are still in college! I am 26 now and finished my B.A. in accounting in 2006, then my MBA online in 2008 while working full-time. My suggestion is to start and keep an exercise routine now - it all sneaks up when you sit at a desk 8 hours a day! And stay in college and enjoy it - working full-time with all these grown-up responsiblities just sucks sometimes!

Good luck to all of you for the semester! :flowerforyou:
  • Immy_letsgo
    Options
    Hello I think I might join if thats ok.... I just started MFP like 5 days ago (today is my 6th day) and umm this is my first post thing....

Just started fall quarter on thursday & it went well =D

My name is Cassandra & I am majoring in Visual Communications! (graphic design)
  • Megooo19
    Options
    Hello!

I'm meagen and I'd like to join too if thats okay. I'm a senior majoring in Psychology. I actually don't start school until next week so this is good timing. Oh and the yoga melt down is HARD. I do it every once in a while and it always makes my shoulders sore the next day. I'm too chicken to move onto level 2. I also just bought JM's newest workout, I cant remember what its called but that was super hard too and focused mostly on thighs and hamstrings.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Brushing the teeth is a good idea, that's how I keep myself from eating at night.

abbiez, Good luck with whatever you choose. I wish I could help, but the only thing I know about sororities is what I see on TV. :laugh: Probably not the best source to go off of.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Abbiez: good luck with it, hahaha DelphicScorpian i was thinking the same thing about sororities on tv :P

Omg i went to the gym yesterday with a friend, we did a spin class. Let me just say i almost died. The instructor was insane! She kept pushing us and she was telling us she did the same to a group the night before and pushed them so hard that she threw up as well as someone else in the class. So the whole time we were doing it i was praying i wasnt going to throw up! All i can say is never. again. Well maybe until next week, i did feel good afterwards but it took a while at first i couldnt even feel my legs xD
  • ashcrashly
    Options
    I'm not sure that anybody should vomit during a workout because they were pushing themselves too hard, but I'm not a trainer. For me, if a workout is too miserable, I just won't do it. I need something that entertains me, like a game or a dance class. Be careful at pushing yourself too hard, or you'll end up crashing like me and fearing exercise.
  • Ally_Clare
    Options
    I'm not sure that anybody should vomit during a workout because they were pushing themselves too hard, but I'm not a trainer. For me, if a workout is too miserable, I just won't do it. I need something that entertains me, like a game or a dance class. Be careful at pushing yourself too hard, or you'll end up crashing like me and fearing exercise.

Thanks ashcrashly for your concern :)

Yeah i know what you mean, i thought it was a bit extreme. I agree with the dance class too i love them. What do you do at the moment? Have you tried zumba?
  • ashcrashly
    Options
    I've really only done those cheesy videos from the store, but they're fun sometimes. Mostly right now, I try to walk an hour every day, and then do a few at home excercises that range from sit-ups, to wall-sits and planks.
  • xLyric
    Options
    What is a wall sit?
  • ashcrashly
    Options
    You sit with your back to the wall, and keep your legs parallel to the floor, knees bent at a 90 degree angle. It's like sitting in an invisible chair. Hold it for as long as you can, then rest for 30 seconds and repeat two more times. Great for the legs and butt!
  • adriancal
    Options
    Hello my names Adrianna and I just saw this post and thought I would join!

Im 19 and in my 2nd year of college and majoring in Psychology :)
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've just started my first year of uni - this is my third time at uni, so I think I've got the hang of it now! I'm 31 and I am studying Sustainable Environmental Management. I'm hoping I'll keep reasonably fit during this course as I'll be doing had slog at farms for placements, and there's a lot of camping and trekking involved.

Then again, my last degree was in sport, and I was probably at my chubbiest then!
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Monica and I am 20 years old.
    I am a Junior in Special Education and I'm hoping to get my masters in Occupational Therapy.

My biggest problem with being a student is the emotional eating when I am stressed!!! Stress makes fast food look a million times more appealing.

i agree! ive always been a stress/emotional eater and college is not helping
  • abbiez
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Abbiez: good luck with it, hahaha DelphicScorpian i was thinking the same thing about sororities on tv :P

Omg i went to the gym yesterday with a friend, we did a spin class. Let me just say i almost died. The instructor was insane! She kept pushing us and she was telling us she did the same to a group the night before and pushed them so hard that she threw up as well as someone else in the class. So the whole time we were doing it i was praying i wasnt going to throw up! All i can say is never. again. Well maybe until next week, i did feel good afterwards but it took a while at first i couldnt even feel my legs xD

i LOVE spinning, i can never find a class that fits into my schedule :/ stick with it, youll love it!
  • abbiez
    Options
    Hey everyone! Thank god for the weekend :-D

Well, I signed a bid with a sorority! I signed with Alpha Xi Delta which is actually a different sorority than the one who left me that voicemail i told you guys about before. I am so excited & all the girls are really nice. :-) My job at the movie theater has been brought down to one day a week which im thankful for.

Full day ahead of me! I have criminal Justice & math tests on Monday and a psychology test on Tuesday. I also have an essay for english due tuesday so with all that studying, laundry, and exercising, and lunch with my boyfriends sis- ill be one busy girl!

I'm restarting the 30 day shred tomorrow as well as getting back into a running routine, my 5k is 3weeks away and I have a feeling I wont be able to run the whole thing, but I'm gonna try :-D

Have a wonderful saturday!
  • xLyric
    Options
    Ah, I have homework this weekend too... Not an unmanagable amount, but I am such a big procrastinator! I even told myself I'd do at least my math assignments today, and did I? NO. Bleh. I'll just do it all tomorrow.

Congrats on signing. :) (Don't do all the bad things from TV :laugh: ) And good luck on your run! I think after I finish the shred I might chicken out of the P90X and finish the C25K instead.
  • Ally_Clare
    Options
    Hey how is everyone going?

Good luck with the 5k run Abbiez! I just realised i haven't really been recording my food and exercise so i am trying hard to get back into it. If im motivated enough today (i should be seeing as a bought fitness magazines) i shall go for a run. I should seeing as i have nothing else to do; ive got a week break from uni and im only working friday sat.
  • Megooo19
    Options
    Hey guys!

I start school thursday. I'm a little worried because I dont have much time to eat so I'm going to have to just pack a bunch of things to munch on in class. What has everyone else been eating at school?