Dear Scale,

Options
i realize that this must be hard for you to go through...i know that you are firmly entrenched in your ways, which is to pop up a number starting with a '2' and ending with an upper teen. however, you are going to have to get used to the fact that things are changing. and although you moved up about half a pound this week, you need to realize that obsessing over salt in my bloodstream, water retention, muscle buildup or that leftover snack food in my system from the party last weekend, or whatever petty thing you are fixating on this week is not going to change the end result. the facts are, i am noticeably slimmer, i can wear clothes that i have not been able to in over a year, my face has lost its double chin, i am developing noticeable muscle definition, i am much more energetic and i feel awesome.

so, case in point: i am doing this whether you like it or not. you can sit there and not budge until kingdom come, but i know that if i keep doing everything that i am right now, i am going to get what i want...and let me reiterate: whether you like it or not. so, i will leave you with the knowledge that i have good faith that you will soon come to your senses and comply with my wishes. i'm sure that by the end of this, we'll be great friends, even if we are starting out as rather stand-off-ish acquaintances.

best wishes,
yours truly

Replies