The scale has stopped moving for awhile...

Options
Just for kicks, I decided to see what all the fuss was about regarding this T25 workout by Shaun T. I just finished week 1; I already lost a few inches...How the heck is that even possible? What IS possible is that the scale has not moved in awhile, LOL. Losing inches again, but not the pounds...would love to see inches AND pounds come off together!!!!!:) And would love to make that scale move:/ I hate plateaus.....

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    It's not a plateau if you're losing inches.

You have swelling in your muscles from your new exercise regimen, it will drop off eventually. Just keep doing what you're doing. Losing inches is the real goal anyway. Your clothes fit better, other people can see inches lost. Nobody else but you knows what the number on the scale says.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Define "a while."

Give us your weight for the past 8 weeks (give us at least one weighing per week).
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options

You have swelling in your muscles from your new exercise regimen, it will drop off eventually. Just keep doing what you're doing. Losing inches is the real goal anyway. Your clothes fit better, other people can see inches lost. Nobody else but you knows what the number on the scale says.

Thanks so much:) My clothes, are, indeed loose. The inches in the hips always seems to go last; but I lost in my waist and upper thighs, also upper arm; dare I say, my neck, too. Yes, I measured my neck, LOL. This new workout is definitely different from what I am used to. I will keep taking my Spin classes and I do weight training 3 times a week. I no longer take the cardio classes at the gym; they were hour long classes. Hope to keep on losing. The scale truly does frustrate me, though when it is 'stuck' at the same weight:/
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    Define "a while."

Give us your weight for the past 8 weeks (give us at least one weighing per week).

About a month, but I am hypothyroid, so it takes longer for the weight to drop no matter what I am doing. I weigh myself once a week first thing in the morning. I would love to be that person who can lose a pound a week:/
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Define "a while."

About a month, but I am hypothyroid, so it takes longer for the weight to drop no matter what I am doing. I weigh myself once a week first thing in the morning. I would love to be that person who can lose a pound a week:/

What was your weight at your last weighing, and at the weighing a month ago?

There's no reason you can't lose a pound a week.
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    Define "a while."

What was your weight at your last weighing, and at the weighing a month ago?

There's no reason you can't lose a pound a week.

Both are the same. I would love to get off the thyroid meds, but I have to be on them forever. I am wondering if that has a hand in this. The scale is telling me that I am up in muscle and down in fat, though. It has been a struggle. I have adjusted my diet; no white bread, pasta or rice, for example. I'm fine with that. I just have to let my body respond in its own good time.
  • zaramorris
    zaramorris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I understand this completely! I am trying to tone up for my holiday in 6 weeks but in doing so i have not lost weight but i have dropped a few inches, i understand that at least my body is still changing even if the scales aren't moving but it is so frustrating. But as they say muscle burns more calories that fat so its win win really just rather annoying.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Losing inches is what it's all about. No need to worry. Weight is just a number and it will eventually drop if you keep doing what you're doing.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

Exactly this.
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    IMO, Inches are way more important then the # on the scale. That is a truer measure of progress. You could be the same weight because you have converted fat to muscle.

I measured up from a 5 weeks ago and my key measurements are 1" lower which made me feel great. I like the scale reading, but that bounces a lot depending on run days and water consumption
  • blc1971
    blc1971 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I've been basically at the same weight for about 7 weeks now but I increased my exercise routine and added strength training so I think that has a lot to do with it. I've read that changing things up helps so I've been trying different exercises and varying my calories a bit more (never going under 1200 and not going over 1600). I've also tried eating some different things since I tend to eat the same things for breakfast and lunch nearly every day. I'm hoping this will all help but in the long run I feel really good and I have lost 1" from my hips and .75" from my waist, so that is at least something! Don't give up! Best of luck!
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just started watching the calories and exercising at the gym 5 to 6 days a week and scale hasn't moved much for me either, but my hubby thought I looked smaller, especially in the waist area. That could just be from drinking water again and losing the belly bloat, but hey I'll take it!

I need to start measuring myself, it's something I always forget! I am getting a bod pod done today though and will do another in 6 months to get a nice accurate picture of how my body fat percentage will change. I try to ignore the number on the scale but it is hard sometimes!
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    Losing inches is what it's all about. No need to worry. Weight is just a number and it will eventually drop if you keep doing what you're doing.

Thank you:) I was beginning to feel like, what else can I do? I followed the doctor's advice and gave up the bad carbs and no longer add sugar to my tea or oatmeal. I add honey, which I kind of like better. If I must add sugar, I use Organic brown sugar in the smallest amount. It truly is frustrating, but I am on this journey for life.