Vegetarian / Vegan Recipes?

Options
VictoriasVacancy
VictoriasVacancy Posts: 18 Member
HELP! So many of the veg. or vegan meals you see online are loaded with pasta, or cheese... which means WAYY too much cheese, and a disgusting amount of calories and fat. I just want some SUPER low-cal options my fiancé and I will love. The only meats we eat are fish/shell fish (such as crab, shrimp, etc.) Anyone have a recipe they would like to share that fits into my comfort zone? Anything under 300 calories would be great... Also any good sites you could recommend would be LOVELY ♥
-Victoria

Replies

• MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hope this helps :smile:

www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/
    www.vegetarianrecipes.org
    www.runnersworld.com/subtopic/0,7123,s6-242-303-308-0,00.html
    www.3fatchicks.com
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This week, I made vegan pumpkin muffins for breakfast. This recipe makes 18, and they are 121 calories each. I used EVOO (couldn't find the oil listed) and left out the chocolate chips.

http://mywholefoodlife.com/2012/10/26/healthy-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins/

I also made black bean burgers for lunches this week:

1 can black beans
    1/3 cup quick oats
    2 tbsp ketchup
    *spices*

1. Mash black beans with a fork until about 3/4 are mush and 1/4 are still pieces
    2. add ketchup
    3. stir in oats and spices (will make a ground beef like consistency)
    4. form into 4 equal pieces and bake for 10 mins on each side at 400 degrees

They are around 140 calories each for the burgers

Websites I like:

mywholefoodlife.com
    happyherbivore.com
    engine2diet.com
  • lkw0311
    lkw0311 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
  • whitney_simpson
    whitney_simpson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    some of the vegan cookbooks I keep within arms distance at all times include:

-Skinny ***** Ultimate Everyday Cookbook
    - Appetite for Reduction
    - Practically Raw
    and
    - Veganomicon

I love them to death.
  • nopeNOEP
    Options
    the best vegan recipes/websites (the first blog is also helpful with general veganism, health, etc) i've come across so far:

http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/
    http://sundaymorningbananapancakes.blogspot.ca
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    there are some great vegetarian and vegan blogs out there. One of my favorites is skinnytaste.com

It is not completely vegetarian, but they have some great veggie options. My family also has a blog and 2 out of 3 of us are completely vegetarian and my mom does eat some meat sometimes (but most of her recipes are veggie, too). I don't want to post the address here because I don't want people to think I'm plugging it, but when we started up the blog it lead me to so many more amazing veggie blogs!

Also, check out wells vegetarian thanksgiving in the new york times. It's amazing!

Here's a quick list:
    Wells Vegetarian Thanksgiving
    skinnytaste
    Oh my veggies
    herbeivoracious
    oh she glows
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Roasted veggies, add kale. Serve with your Favourite seitan recipe or barbequed tofu with mushrooms and onions.
    Dal, Chana masala with brown basmati rice and cilantro ( yum!!! )
    Any veggie curry with Greek yogurt and rice on the side.
    Make your own perogies. I like them stuffed with cottage cheese, onion and spinach or finely chopped kale. You could also blend tofu, soy milk, onion, nutritional yeast or curry powder and mashed potato for a filling. Fill with whatever you want really.
    Go to 21 day vegan jumpstart. I love the recipe for curried lentil cous cous soup and make it about once a week.
    Pizza
    A big sandwich stuffed with grilled veggies, hummus, and advocado.
    There are lots of great veggie burger recipes on- line as well as chili recipes.
    Also you can take any meal and make a substitution.
  • MrPPS
    MrPPS Posts: 2
    Options
    You can add following foods in your diet. These foods are low in calorie in take. Also have high protein, low carbs and minimal fat.
    1. Low Fat Cottage Cheese
    2. Plain Greek Yogurt

it can help you replace at least one meal for 100 calories