Does it matter how many calories I eat each meal?

Options
I just finished my last university class not too long ago, so I wake up late and generally skip breakfast. That leaves me around 1400 calories for the day. I don't snack often, so I sometimes do 600 cals for lunch, then 600-700 for dinner. Should I try to even out my meals? Perhaps eat smaller meals throughout the day? Does it matter? I just can't stand having a puny lunch or dinner. Thanks.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter, eat how you like as long as you net your calorie goal each day
  • UseKnowledge
    Options
    Doesn't matter, eat how you like as long as you net your calorie goal each day

Thanks for the quick response. I have no problem keeping my calories within my goal, I just hate eating sparingly throughout the day. 650 cal burrito bowl here I come.
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories how you feel best... I eat a relatively small breakfast and medium size lunch to leave most for dinner where I like to eat heartier... It's your preference :)
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Yeah eat however much you want, when you want :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories how you feel best... I eat a relatively small breakfast and medium size lunch to leave most for dinner where I like to eat heartier... It's your preference :)

This is me as well.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Me, personally, I eat most of my carbs at breakfast. I'm alloted 1220. So I eat around 500, 400 at lunch and then 320 at dinner. I do that because I'm less active at night. But you do whatever works for you as long as you don't go over your limit.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Nope. You will lose weight as long as you're eating at a deficit. I only eat 200-300 calories for breakfast and then the rest of the calories I spend on lunch, dinner and snacks.

Specifically during the week, this is me. On the weekends I may not always have lunch, so I'll eat bigger for breakfast then.