If you think you've plateau'd - read this

Options
:smile: Found this earlier over at bodybuilding.com - will probably be a good read for a lot of you.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146755363

Replies

• Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That wasn't rocket science was it lol.... Good thread thanx for that :)
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link. It pretty much says it all, and now I'm particularly ashamed about my 6 weeks of the scale not budging last time I hung out here! We just need to stop kidding ourselves.

The knock on the head with the common sense mallet is much appreciated! :-D
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    No problem, it was a great read for me too. The guy who wrote it helped me get to where I am right now and he knows his stuff, it really puts it all in simple black and white, and shows it really is that simple.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I disagree about the point where if you haven't lost weight in 3 weeks you need to look at what you're doing, honestly. For women it's not as simple, heck I've had 3 weeks 'plateaus' every month for 4 months.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Mhm
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    I disagree about the point where if you haven't lost weight in 3 weeks you need to look at what you're doing, honestly. For women it's not as simple, heck I've had 3 weeks 'plateaus' every month for 4 months.

Pretty sure you didn't read it very well, then.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this. It blows my mind when people saying they are at a plateau for MONTHS...wtf?

weight loss is simple...very very simple
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    So glad you posted this. It blows my mind when people saying they are at a plateau for MONTHS...wtf?

Indeed :-P
  • jdm_taco
    Options
    I guess its easier for some people to blame plateau than accept responsibility for it themselves....
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This was very helpful.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,998 Member
    Options
    But, but, but...................starvation mode.:tongue:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I really like HOW the calories were taken away. A little less oatmeal, a little less peanuts, a little less creamer. All non essential things and all things that would hardly be missed. I think it points to the importance of measuring and portion control.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

Not if you have certain medical issues. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and I also have Lyme disease. Both can make weightloss very slow and very difficult, even when exercising and eating well.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Nuh. I'mma eat dis whole cake, then blame my husband for making me eat it. Log as 200ish cals.

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k498/englandrocks/?action=view&current=the-cake-is-a-lie.jpg
  • blibby33
    blibby33 Posts: 53
    Options
    bump to read the link later
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Not if you have certain medical issues. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and I also have Lyme disease. Both can make weightloss very slow and very difficult, even when exercising and eating well.

Yes, typically advice given is relevant only to people with no medical conditions that affect weight loss/metabolism.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options

If you read the first 3 words of the link, though,, you'd see... i just... don't even... forget it
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I read the post. I'm responding to a specific statement made here.
  • jdm_taco
    Options

Well of course that changes things...im speaking for majority of people.
  • LibbyCaramia
    LibbyCaramia Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Cool. Really reminds you of how simple it actually should be. Thanks for the link! I was contemplating another piece of toast this morning.. :P