Water, Water, Ick

Options

Replies

• xjoseyx
    xjoseyx Posts: 74
    Options
    I was a HUGE water hater. I never drank it. I gave up soda and now all I drink is water. Tap water sucks where I live so I drink bottled and its so refreshing to me.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    MIO!
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Would you give Crystal Light to a baby, instead of water?

If you said 'no', it's probably a red flag flag.

Don't you value your body as much as you value a baby's body ?
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count caffeinated drinks/soft drinks as water, but I would count herbal tea (no milk/sugar) there are some delicious ones. Also, I agree with having it cold/filtered. Makes it so much easier to drink.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Try diluting your flavored drinks (soda/crystal light) with water. I dilute mine with at least one part water. (Sodas - 2-3 times ) There is plenty of sweetener in both to taste good even when diluted. The less sweet these drinks taste, the less you will crave other overly sweetened and salted foods. That's what I have found. Its easier to maintain my weight...

Excellent idea. Diluting sounds like a way to wean yourself off the crystal light. I like it!!
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've lived around the country and in the islands and I have to say the water here in Indianapolis sucks. It's so bad I wouldn't drink much when I first moved here. We bought Zero Water filters and it makes such a difference. I can totally tell when it's time to change the filter without even testing it (it came with a tester).

i pretty much only drink water with an occasional beer, wine or chocolate milk. Even so I can't stand Evian water, to the point were I barely can drink a small bottle. I like the generic one gallon bottle from more stores. I also have liked most 5 gallon water from delivery services. I do not like most tap waters and some other bottled water. The taste of the water directly affects how much I consumed. I would suggest trying out different waters and/or filters. Try it with ice or without ice. Room temp or refrigerator temp. Use a straw, add some fruit or one of those enhancers.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Everything counts except hard liquor towards hydration. The goal is to have light yellow pee. If you get there by eating watermelon or drinking crystal light or pure water, it doesn't matter. Your body has an amazing ability to separate your food and drinks in to what it needs in your digestive system.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Everything counts except hard liquor towards hydration. The goal is to have light yellow pee. If you get there by eating watermelon or drinking crystal light or pure water, it doesn't matter. Your body has an amazing ability to separate your food and drinks in to what it needs in your digestive system.

barney-yes.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Drink CocaCola.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What about the smell of air? How do you like that?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    What about the smell of air? How do you like that?

here in Lancaster pa the air literally smells like poop all the time.
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda when I was in college, and now artificial sweeteners taste like crap to me. If I have ice water or flavor it with mint or throw in some green tea bags, I can drink a ton of it. Citrus fruits squeezed in is also yummy. If I want something bubbly, soda water with lime is my go to, though soda water with a splash of grapefruit and pineapple juice is my very favorite. Room temp water is much harder to drink. I also mix my protein shakes up with only water. It helps with hydration and cuts way back on calories.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    water is a diuretic so it doesn't count
  • storm15918
    storm15918 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda when I was in college, and now artificial sweeteners taste like crap to me. If I have ice water or flavor it with mint or throw in some green tea bags, I can drink a ton of it. Citrus fruits squeezed in is also yummy. If I want something bubbly, soda water with lime is my go to, though soda water with a splash of grapefruit and pineapple juice is my very favorite. Room temp water is much harder to drink. I also mix my protein shakes up with only water. It helps with hydration and cuts way back on calories.

I just wanted to say that I do that with my protein powder too! It's perfect for after a long run because I get everything I need at once. And honestly, it tastes pretty good! I tried using milk once, but it wasn't worth it.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Don't get hung up on the "need to drink 8 glasses of water a day" hype. This number is arbitrary and appears to have been plucked out of thin air. Also doesn't take into account body size or activity level. The most important thing is that you stay adequately hydrated. Anything that contains water contributes towards this, including food. The best way to tell if you're adequately hydrated is to look at your urine. Is it pale yellow (not clear - it shouldn't be clear)? Yep - then there's a good chance your hydration is okay.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Cut up fruits and veggies and put them in your water :) After they soak for awhile they leave a refreshing after taste that replaces the "bland" taste of water.
  • apeyton13
    apeyton13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have tried to put cucumber, grapefruit, and lemon in water and let it sit....all it tastes like is cucumber....and it is overpowering. Maybe it is just our water.

I use frozen berries from the store and drink them with my water. Strawberry water is totally better than artificial water. I like mango too. I too, hate cucumber water- though I love raw cucumbers!
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've grown to like drinking water.

I grew up drinking nothing but juice and soda. Up until a couple of years ago, I drank eight or nine cans of soda a day, (pretty much any kind, I wasn't picky,) and nothing else, unless there was some juice lying around. My mom would buy five or six 24-packs at a time and I'd go through them in a couple of weeks with my brother. It's weird to think I spent almost twenty years being straight up dehydrated ;P.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You can also make ice cubes with fruit in them or mint leaves.
  • Cat_Lifts
    Cat_Lifts Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Didn't bother seeing other responses, but if it hasn't been said and you're a fan of cucumbers, cucumber water is fantastic. I'm and oddball but drinking water plain is pretty gross to me, at least being able to add an 'essence' of a flavor in there really helps. Try it with orange, lemon, lime, mint, etc. A friend did grapefruit once - it was slightly tart but pretty good. And drink through a straw if you can - I found it's much better to drink it down that way.