HRM Question

Options
I'm about to order my HRM, I found the one I want, Polar FT4, I can't decide what size I need to order for the strap though.

My chest under my boobs is 32, my chest above my boobs is 32, my chest over top of my boobs is 37... :/ HELP?

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and the strap is adjustable. But for measurement sake, you'll wear it under your boobs so go with that measurement.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    AH, ya beat me to it! LOL! well said. I have polar FT7 and love it. Follow the set up and care instructions. I use mine 5-6 days / week about 1 hour each time, and the batteries lasted about 6 months. You definitely want a model you can change the batteries yourself.
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and the strap is adjustable. But for measurement sake, you'll wear it under your boobs so go with that measurement.

THIS :bigsmile: I love my FT4. I use it every day and its so comfy I sometimes forget to take it off until I get ready for bed and realize I am still wearing the strap! :blushing:
  • jobee3
    jobee3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have the FT60 and I looooove it. It has made all the difference in my workouts/calorie burn.

I don't know if this is true, but I do it just to be on the safe side - I read somewhere that you should un-clip the actual monitor from the strap when you're not using it. It's supposed to help with the battery life, apparently.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I can't find a size chart though to tell me if I need a medium or Small or what. I can wear some small tops but mostly medium tops in the junior department, I've lost all my weight or close to and I'm still top heavy.
  • jobee3
    jobee3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I didn't know they came in sizes - mine has an adjustable strap.

If you're not sure, go bigger and get the M. You can always adjust it down, you can't adjust it up.