P90x question.

Options
So I just finished up Insanity and did pretty well with it. I am still around 20ish pounds from my ultimate goal and wanted to try p90x. I did the first day today (I'm doing classics, today was chest and back, with Ab ripper X). I noticed I didn't really sweat much at all. With Insanity my clothes were dripping and I was exhausted. I feel the burn but I'm wondering if I will lose weight with this program or if I should have done another round of Insanity? Opinions are appreciated :)

Replies

• stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    P90X is going to involve more lifting (although you will be sweating when you do Plio and Yoga, trust me). But the emphasis is on lifting correctly within a time frame. The lifting will help build muscle, and this will assist in your goals as long as calorie moderation is involved. You'll also find that some workout s will stress you more than others. Make sure that you have the right weights (Lifting to failure in the 5-10 range) and focus on good form throughout. You'll be impressed with the changes in your physique, and you'll see a real difference if you are managing calories along the way.
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I completed P90X on June 1st. I lost over 30 pounds in 90 days. One June 3rd I started Insanity. I agree that Insanity is more much intense and sweaty then P90X.

P90X will work your muscles which will definitely help shred fat away. I also did the classic P90X. The Plyo and Kenpo are good cardio workouts but nothing compared to Insanity. I would stick with P90X and listen to Tony. You body will change. I am thinking of doing a hybrid next of P90X and Insanity.
  • 1975jobu
    Options
    I just started P90X a week ago after completing Insanity. Finding it very very slow.