Almost 50 and need encouragement

Options
Hi, I've been on MFP for a while but fell out of really working at it last January. I've gained 10 pounds. I'm ready to jump back in with both feet but I need some friends to keep me going. I'm turning 50 in January and I would like to lose what I've gained by then. Thanks

Replies

• 1Mrsmcdilbert
    1Mrsmcdilbert Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    We are close in age. We can support each other. Friend request sent.
  • 123im4u2c
    Options
    Hi Jenelle,
    You can count me in! I'm here to lose 10 lbs too, maybe even 15lb!
    I lift weights and i'm hitting the 130lbs since I stopped smoking almost
    9 months ago! Not worried, I look good, just wearing a size larger. Last year I
    was pretty bulked up, especially in my biceps and chest! I went from a 36 B to a C cup,
    and now I think I need a 38 bras are snug around my back without an extender!. I had to get rid of so
    many shirts because they were tight in my arms and also rode up because of the chest! LOL
    I went from a 4 to a 6. ^ are just a half inch small, but size 8 is way too loose! Shirts wearing med - lrge
    depending on cut! I can only wear a small if the shirt runs really large. I just want to get back to a size 6,
    and I'll be happy! I packed away about 30 pairs of jeans and pants, bought a few new ones at a consignment
    shop because I have so much, I don't want to shop for more! LOL! I am 60 yrs old, 5'2" Talk to you soon. and I'm sure we can help support each other!
  • lisalusby
    lisalusby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also am close to 50 and hate the 10 pds. that just showed up in my belly. I really need encouragement. I work out so hard and neglect my eating habits. I want to loose 10 pounds too and get back into my cloths. Today went good, but am a little hungry right now. I know menapause is not helping my situation, but I can't loose a pound right now. I'm hoping MFP can help get my weight back to normal. Frustrated.
  • optimisticShark
    optimisticShark Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on MFP for a while but fell out of really working at it last January. I've gained 10 pounds. I'm ready to jump back in with both feet but I need some friends to keep me going. I'm turning 50 in January and I would like to lose what I've gained by then. Thanks

Feel free to add me. I am looking for more friends to share motivation.
  • need2shrink
    need2shrink Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 47, new and looking for motivation friends. Count me in! -Rob
  • mspriss987
    Options
    Be strong! My biggest problem is snacking at night watching my shows. Anytime you feel tempted to eat something bad, drink a huge glass of water. It's goofy but it always helps me. Good luck!
  • Jenelle64
    Options
    I know we can do this. It takes more then the desire, it takes support. Thanks all.